Mental Health Forums

Unethical.

Fairy

Should you feel the ethos of these forums is to take advantage of people with mental illness I can only ask you to consider the benefit of using such a resource and consider leaving.

I have thought about this statement, and for me it misses a very important point.

Sometimes things happen, and although we could walk away, we may feel very bad knowing others are being exploited. So it is not always the issue of being exploited ourselves, or being able to turn away, it is the knowledge it exists.

I personally was debating one area of BPD World, the diagnostics centre, nothing else. I also think to leave because you are unhappy is avoidance. Avoidance of debating, of accepting not everything is the way we personally may wish it to be.

Fairy xxx

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• gun_747

• Fairy

• amy123

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I have decided to close this thread. I think its important to remember that this is a support forum and not one to be focused on debate. It seems to me that the issues raised in this thread amount to a complaint, and if this is so then there is a process to follow.

Should one put forward that this is not the case then I would ask that in future a ticket is submitted.

Issues relating to how ethical it is to charge for clarity, for validation, to charge for an opinion have been brought to this public arena. The word ethical has used repeatedly. I wonder if some have asked themselves if its ethical to charge for private health care as its available for free through the NHS, If its ethical to charge for advice in any capacity when the client or a customer whose asking is someone who suffers from a mental illness. Is it wrong for a dentist to charge someone for removing a tooth that’s causing someone with bpd pain, pain that they can’t cope with because there is to much emotional pain already present?

I also forgot to add that BPDWORLD receives no state funding, we rely on donations and receive a small amount of money from services we offer. Without this and the financial support i offer to BPDWORLD, it would not exist.

People have accused me of profiting from this service, of acting unethically, being unfair, and lastly of taking advantage of people with mental illness. I am deeply saddened at these thoughts and opinions and do not feel its fair for me to be treated in this way. I suppose I could say it’s unethical.

I’m sorry if people feel gagged and wronged by me closing this thread but as I have said this forum is a haven for people who seek support. I am happy to continue speaking about this for a short time via the ticket system should any one wish to take me up on this.

Archived