Mental Health Forums

Hi

Paul

Hi

My name is Paul, I live in Scotland, and I have been told that I may have bdp (but one of the doctors also thinks it may be bi-polar)

I have just spent 5 weeks in the mental health ward of the local hospital after deliberatly burning my hand - I am due for formal release on Wednesday.

I hope that I can get some support here, as well as maybe offering some at times as well.

Feel free to get in touch

Paul

Hi Paul. Good to meet you.

Yeah, the bipolar/BPD thing is hard to pick apart sometimes - I was bounced between the two labels a few times at first. To be honest though it doesn't really matter - this is a useful website - http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/borderline.htm - basically both are tied down to instability of mood, impulsiveness, etc, its just the cause thats different (in some cases - it all gets quite confusing). Anyway, good luck and I'm sure you'll find lots of support on here.

Hi Paul. Good to meet you.

Yeah, the bipolar/BPD thing is hard to pick apart sometimes - I was bounced between the two labels a few times at first. To be honest though it doesn't really matter - this is a useful website - http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/borderline.htm - basically both are tied down to instability of mood, impulsiveness, etc, its just the cause thats different (in some cases - it all gets quite confusing). Anyway, good luck and I'm sure you'll find lots of support on here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the link - it makes intresting reading. Will print this out for my mum

My experience is that it was not easy to get admitted, well for the past few years - then this time the pysch took one look at me and suggested that I went into hospital, or she would ensure that I did.

Still, the break has done me some good, and I hope I can now move on.

Nice to meet you Paul. :welcomeani:

Sounds like you have been through a lot lately. I too have been thru some hospitalizations myself(4 years ago the last time) and am now in a community based apartment through PLS, a company that runs group homes here in America. I have been in its system as a whole for 5 years, and it's been a long hard journey. I am due to leave in a year and I'm glad I have bpdworld now so that I have support when I am back out on my own again. This site is the best site I have found for support in 4 years on the net. I hope you benefit out of it as much as many of us do. It sure helps me get thru my hard times, especially lately.

:hug2: Katie

Archived