Mental Health Forums

What Do I Do?

Roses

I know the meds are keeping me stable (ish). I have just had a dose increase and now don't want to take them at all. It's like my mind has gone - 'no more'!! I want to be well but every bone in my body is screaming at me not to take my medication.

a few months ago i felt exactly the same, i did stop taking them all and it wasnt long before everything started crashing down around me again. because i knew i was still in pain i found it difficult to remember just how bad things could get. since then i have worked through several diff meds because the gp figured the ones i had werent working. now im back to the original one i had. i am having to go through the side effects of it all over again until my body re-adjusts and its a most unpleasant thing.

do you have any idea of why oyu are wanting not to take them, with the dosage being increased are you worried about any effects it could have? if you can think of what could be bothering you about taking them then could you talk to your doctor, they may be able to put your mind at rest.

if they are helping in any way then keep taking them, i honestly wish i had but i know how strong the feelings to not take them can be. if you feel you could stop taking them then talk to your doc because stopping a med straight out is not a nice experience.

take care

xxx

Thanks friend. I feel a bit better abpit meds today. Had a long chat with hubbie and realised just being silly-billy and need to take meds. You're right, it is easy to forget how low you can go as meds keep you afloat. I'm glad you got your meds sorted. I think I'm just panicking cos last year I was on about 4 different cocktails and they worked for a couple of weeks then my body just got used to them (I'm really resistent to drugs) and it was not until they tried lithium that I had any improvement really. Now I am needing more of it. Guess I worry that this will stop working too and then I'll be really screwed. Last year when I got ill like this they kept putting me in hospital so I'm not used to feeling like this and being at home, doing stuff. I'm OK in the day but night time I can't even go downstairs on my own. I can't answer the phone at all and all the doors/windows are locked. I will persevere though and am always thankful for your support and hope that you are having a good day. Bye for now.

Archived