Mental Health Forums

Prozac With Draw Side Effects Xx Trigger Xx Sh Xx

bunnie

HI all we have been taking prozac now for around 3 or 4 months i have found it very helpfull

i take 60m as dayaround 1 month ago i realy started to feal alot better started to get my life in order

however the were asusual a few hicups but noting to bad but this week i just lost the plot i think i must have triggerd

myself reading through old papers childrens pics etc

2 weeks ago i started back s/h nothing to bad but it helped i felt much happyer and started going out walking dog having fun more

i was only doinf it to have a fantastic christmas and give the children a happy time (i know its stupid but at the time it was helping)

my problem started on tuseday i have promissed my partner that i would never self harm again but on tusday i was cut very badly

and it wasnt in the usuall way i have a large circle on my leg with i could not hide

i have manage now to hide it with some more sh however i cant even remember doing it i have DID however thats never done things like this before

so i hvae stopped taking my prozac as this must have caused me to do this but he strange thing is i have stoped taking my 60m a day and so far

there are no side evects? could i have duff prozac or placibo ones but so far so good

i would like to say sorry for the wording of this post i am full of cold welsh and tyerd

do you think i might be over the worst of the comeing of prozac or maybe i am just lucky?

Hi, I've just been on your profile and I just want you to know you are not alone and we are all here for you. It might not be a good idea to stop the prozac like that without talking to your GP???? I'm on a lot of tablets and have to take different pills at 4 different times a day so I know how it feels but sometimes sticking with it (or talking to GP bout changing tablets) is best thing babe. Hang in there and lots of hugs coming your way.

PS - well done for standing up to your Mam it takes a lot of guts and a very strong person to do that! xxx

Hi, I've just been on your profile and I just want you to know you are not alone and we are all here for you. It might not be a good idea to stop the prozac like that without talking to your GP???? I'm on a lot of tablets and have to take different pills at 4 different times a day so I know how it feels but sometimes sticking with it (or talking to GP bout changing tablets) is best thing babe. Hang in there and lots of hugs coming your way.

PS - well done for standing up to your Mam it takes a lot of guts and a very strong person to do that! xxx

Thanks very much for that

p.s my mother name is rose lol

hiya

i was on prozac till feb this year when i had to stop as i devoloped a sudden allergy to it... my liver started giving in lol

to start with i didnt get any withdrawels, but after a few weeks, i started to not be able to sleep again, and got pretty depressed and my OCD tendancies came back, but it wasnt worse than b4 i started taking them.

i personally wouldnt stop taking them without speaking to your gp. the whole thing about re-starting the sh, and also that you are doing it diff to me seems strange and not meds related. has something happened lately, other than re-reading old stuff?

when i went to sh class, they said that when u start doing it diff is when u need a bit of extra help as usually its becuase old wounds have re-opened, i think thats prob what has happened here... if i was you i would make an emergency app with gp, c if he can give u summat else to help keep u calm whilst u work throu these new feelings that u have... also dont feel guilty for sh, one other thing they said, was that sometimes we need to do a little controlled sh to keep ourselves safe, and as long as u are safe, careful then you will work throu it

take care x

Prozac has a very long half life and its withdrawal effects do not really kick in until after a week or so. I've tried going cold turkey off prozac 60mg. I became very tearful, erotomanic, felt aggressive and felt like the top of my head was going to explode. Needless to say the p-doc ordered me onto it again.

nuclearwinter x

well your both right i have retaken my prozac i will speak to my Dr next week

she was she says i did think they were helping

maybe i just hit a low and switched

but thanks all

xxxxx

Archived