Mental Health Forums

Citalopram And Alcohol

Crackers

Heya guys,

well i started on 20mg of citalopram nearly 2 weeks ago, think im starting to feel the effects, but im not sure yet. Anyway, its advised not to drink alcohol whilst taking them right? and i havent drank anything since i started, but does it make a big effect if you do, cos its coming up to christmas and now im 18 (yay!) no one will tut tut if im drinking, in fact they will find it weird if im not, so i was just wondering if a glass of wine or two, not getting drunk, would be a bad idea?

xxxxxx

i drank at th weekend on my meds which include recent citalopram and i went nuts.. alcohol and meds arnt really a good idea. hugs faerie x

• 2 months later...

i used to think alcohol and pill just ment thst it woukld mske you more drowsey but no it can lead to liver damage and such so no i wouldnt frink on it desides it negates the effect of you meds hoe that helps xxxxx

Yeah it does thanks, I've stayed away from alcohol and i don't feel like a numpty anymore cause all my friends have gotten used to it, they don't know im on meds, they just think i dont like alcohol anymore.

Master of disguise!

xxxxxxxxx

Archived