Mental Health Forums

Internal Demons

RemmyHun

Internal Demons.

... we all have them

We all have demons, some of ours are stronger, more influential then others. Sometimes the demons are our protectors, they give us strength, control and guidance. Sometimes they make us feel safer, more calm and relaxed. Other times they're the bane of our existence, the temptation to our damnation. They make our stomachs churn and our minds spin. Make us question our own humanity. Are the demons inside us actually part of us; the darkness in our minds? And if they are, then how dark are the minds of those who shroud themselves in the images of violence and torture? How vast is the abyss within the corrupted mind of that individual who find a touch of pleasure, in the prospect of delivering pain? If I have such thoughts, am I, too, consumed by the demons of my own mentality? Is it a wrong that I might be one of the ones who finds comfort in my demons? Am I a demon myself for finding a sense of blissful calm within the violent and deadly darkness of my mind? Am I evil for wanting to wrap myself in the heated caress of fresh blood and lifelessness?

Archived