Mental Health Forums

Need Advice Please

Roses

Had that dreaded appt with psyche consultant and she gonna put me on triptafen to boost my lofepramine. Am on 240 lofepramine, 800 lithium, 80 propanolol (she increasing evening dose on that too so be a bit more) and sleepers. Anyone any idea how the triptafen might affect me? I've heard it is sedating. She is giving it to me cos of anxiety/insomnia/paranoia. Am I right in understanding it is an antidepressant and antipsychotic in one?

Had that dreaded appt with psyche consultant and she gonna put me on triptafen to boost my lofepramine. Am on 240 lofepramine, 800 lithium, 80 propanolol (she increasing evening dose on that too so be a bit more) and sleepers. Anyone any idea how the triptafen might affect me? I've heard it is sedating. She is giving it to me cos of anxiety/insomnia/paranoia. Am I right in understanding it is an antidepressant and antipsychotic in one?

Hi,

I had a check what it was for you ( i studied to be a MH nurse and worked in a pharmacy) so understand medicines ok.

You are right it is an antidepressant and antipsychotic in one.

The antidepressant is: Amitriptyline.

The antipsychotic is: Perphenazine also known as Fentazin.

You get better indepth information if you search for the two active ingredients on there own i noticed. I didn't want to write too much info incase i give you wrong info accidentally but hopefully searching for those names will help.

Also you are right it will probably make you feel drowsy. I would suggest maybe talking to you local pharmacist if you feel comfortable doing that, they have a lot more knowledge of what the medicine would do and how it will work along side your other meds.

Hope that helps x

hi roses...hope you are wel today.

i work in a pharmacy,they will probably make you drowsy yes.Its sometimes used as an anti depressant although each person is different.

hope that helps

xxx

Archived