Mental Health Forums

Could They Do This?

lauren18808

My mum says shes gonna call the hospital and have them take me in whether I want to or not.

Can they do this? I dont happen to think I've done anything that warrents that kind of action. But she says my behaviour suggests I need to be locked up. Can they do it without your permission? I really dont think it's necasary. I don't think I'm a danger to anyone else.

Maybe she's just trying to make me 'snap out of it'. I was just wondering if it was even legal?

hospital admissions are either voluntary or under "section"

they would only section you if you are a danger to yourself or others.

dont worry, lauren. nobody is going to "lock you up" :)

yeah, i agree. i have been in hospital myself. if you dont feel safe it is a good place to go. not being funny, but it can also kind of scare you into feeling better, because there are some really really ill people there sometimes and it makes you think, i need to get out of here, im not crazy..

Yeah, I imagine some places it's okay. But you hear real horror stories about the place I'm near though. That's the real problem I have with it. People come out worse than when they went in, again thats just word of mouth, but I dont fancy finding out the hard way if you know what I mean.

lauren, nobody is going to MAKE you go anywhere. hospital is a last resort for anyone. if you do go, it's better to be voluntary then you can dischare yourself when you feel ready. stay safe :)

Archived