Mental Health Forums

Picture Added To Motivate Weight Loss.

Boy_Blue

This is a huge thing for me to do so I need to be brave.

I have not been around long but I am going to add a picture for two reasons. One there are not many of men and it might help other people who read the forum and the second is that I want to the same in 6 months time and hopefully see some serious weight loss. I am 4 stone overweight and my eating habits are crazier than I am so here goes!

Hello to all.

P.S. If somebody from work or somebody I know ever sees this please have compassion and respect the privacy of my private thoughts etc. Thanks

picture edited out by request

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Boy Blue. That's a big step. How does it feel?

It is not easy I just want to take it back down but I am going to have to start somewhere. Thanks so much for the supportive comments :blush: . black and white was the best I could handle. It evens out the skin tones. lol

I wanted to delete my original post in introductions as you can see in my post also but I was glad I did not in the end. Hoping I wont regret this also. Its funny I originally liked the idea of people not knowing who I am on the forum etc. but that is what I do in my real life so I am going to be as honest as I can be on this forum with everyone and myself.

This is a huge thing for me to do so I need to be brave.

I have not been around long but I am going to add a picture for two reasons. One there are not many of men and it might help other people who read the forum and the second is that I want to the same in 6 months time and hopefully see some serious weight loss. I am 4 stone overweight and my eating habits are crazier than I am so here goes!

Hello to all.

P.S. If somebody from work or somebody I know ever sees this please have compassion and respect the privacy of my private thoughts etc. Thanks

well done boyblue!!!

your very brave!

daisy duck

xxx

well done for posing a pic.. u r brave!! ive only been brave enough to post my angel wings tats!! faerie x

I have a couple of tats myself. always liked them. big one on my back (8 Hours, ouch) and one on each arm from my late teens.

Thank you all for the kind comments. Handsome eh?? Its a very long time since I heard somebody call me that (what's 4 stone in years?). People on this forum seem to be very sensitive and caring and non-judgemental. I hope to contribute the same on the forum.

Seriously it was so kind of you all to be so supportive. I found the pictures that other people uploaded beautiful as I know they where meant in a non vain (friendly) way and as we all know what it takes to put yourself out there to be judged so it inspired me to put one up. I really appreciate it and I hope I can do the same going forward and also I am sure we can have a laugh. I am certainly not beyond that. Thank god!

Hi boy blue,

Respect to you sir for posting your pic online. It is a brave thing to do and something which you should not feel ashamed of. I have posted this pic already on another topic but I will put it up for you as well, being another male member on the board.

05122008446.jpg

Look after yourself and good luck on whatever you do for your weight loss.

Stevie

Hi boy blue,

Respect to you sir for posting your pic online. It is a brave thing to do and something which you should not feel ashamed of. I have posted this pic already on another topic but I will put it up for you as well, being another male member on the board.

05122008446.jpg

Look after yourself and good luck on whatever you do for your weight loss.

Stevie

Thanks mate. nice to meet you.

I feel under dressed in mine now.... :)

i beat you on the back tat! lol! mine was 27 hours!! not in one go tho!!

faerie x

Wow. 27 Hours. Its true what they say about us men not being able to take it. I got mine done in one go and I staggered out of the place and had to eat a mars bar before I fainted. LOL.

Fair play to you girl!

I love tatoos and never for one second regretted getting mine. people say what will it be like when your 80? I say I am sure that I will probably be like a tatooed prune. Was going to be a prune anyway so the tatoo is not taking much away.

I am going to get a new one later in the year when I lose the weight (do you like that. WHEN!) I want to get a silver back gorilla (of my own design) with two other baby gorillas underneath me sheltering to symbolise my kids (have 1 and 1 on the way). Its a game I play with my daughter when we pretend it is raining and she shelters under me as a baby gorilla. Sounds silly but it is just one of the things we never forget. I am going to have to do the same with the baby now or they wont get the meaning of the tatoo. I wont make as good a shelter when I lose the weight!

In good mood today. Might do some studying. :rolleyes:

Happy Monday people!

The gorilla sheltering the baby gorillas don't sound stupid. Its lovely. I will look forward to your weight loss posts. And good luck, though you won't need it.

Thanks lonely.

With my track record in sorting out my eating I deffo will need luck support etc. Wait and see me vent about all sorts of other problems when my comfort food is taken away. Feel shit at the moment but from a health perspective so have to do something. My ideal weight is 12 stone 7 or so and I currently weight 16 stone 7 so i have a long road ahead.

thanks again x

My ideal weight is 9st 7lb - 10st (am tall) and have quite a bit to go. Ideal weights are just figures though, you need to see what weight is right for you. I've been all the way to 8st 7lb before but as soon as I went under 10st I looked ill so I always aim for 10 - 10st 7lb. Ideal weights are a load of bolognese! See where you look look best and stop there. Don't worry we can do it!

My ideal weight is 9st 7lb - 10st (am tall) and have quite a bit to go. Ideal weights are just figures though, you need to see what weight is right for you. I've been all the way to 8st 7lb before but as soon as I went under 10st I looked ill so I always aim for 10 - 10st 7lb. Ideal weights are a load of bolognese! See where you look look best and stop there. Don't worry we can do it!

I have been 12 stone 7 and that is when I did look my best so that is what I will aim for. My ideal range is from 11 stone to 12 stone 7 for my height so its in the upper end of ideal. Its a long way away. To symbolise breaking my addiction to food and to detox I will be water fasting for 7 days from the 1st of January.

We can do it rose. A friend of mine was in a much worse situation this time last year. He was drinking heavily (as I do) and was 23 stone. He started training and gave up drink and in the space of 14 months lost 11 stone. He is a new man. He even got short listed for the next Olympics and only missed a place by two places. He got sportsman of the year in his sport. He looks and feels better than he did in years and guess what he also suffered with depression and although it still comes and goes he has stuck to his diet religiously. Its an inspiration to me and if he can lose 11 stone I hope I can lose 4.

I used to be very fit and used to train 6 days a week so I know what it takes and I am well read in diet fitness and nutrition so if I can assist in any way give me a shout. My friend swears that he would not have lost the weight if I had not pointed him in the right direction regarding his diet. Knowledge and advice is the easy part. Doing it yourself is the hard part.

cheers x

Hi all in this topic,

Boy blue, best wishes with the weightloss , or 'lifestyle change', as i am calling mine. I was up to 15st on meds (zyprexa) 4 years ago, and lost 5 stone a while back. But 20lbs has crept on since i discovered vegan chocolate footballs! Plus i dont eat right- for a vegan, and i dont have set mealtimes. Im 11st now.

So i am starting a lifestyle change re: eating, sleepoing and excersise officially on the 01/01.

On the subject of tats- i had 17 peircings till i had to take them out for an MRI scan, i was friendly with the tat artist in my local place, and i want 1 of alice in wonderland with the 'drink me' bottle.

and one of a happy buddha. i was thinking of getting one of Morrissey done, as i have adored him for 20 years. I want to be sure of what i want tho... I am getting he alice one soon as a pressie to self for being 6 mths clean.

Faierie, 27 hrs! But i love those angel wings. My friend has a fantasy scene on her back, it took a while to do, it was the cost that put me off initially, so i ended up w piercings instead.

Gun -steve, you are looking really really well. I rem you posted a pic before and then a 2nd one to show us your w.l. journy- you are looking brilliant! Fair play to ya.

Roses- mi was always 9st on the nose when not preg, the tablets have really messed with my weight and metabolism, zyprexa is the obvious cause, but effexor is a sly, long term offender too. I am sucessfully off effexor now for a week. Took me 2 mths to do it without getting bad side effects. Just need to up the cardio to up my metabolism.

Cant wait to get my 1st tat - i'll post a pic if there are no objectors? :)

Take care you lot- thanks for the pic boy blue- to put a face to the name.

Wishing you all a happy prosporous in all areas of life new year.

xxx

Anne Marie

Hey Blue. Did you train 6 days for a particular sport? I used to be uber-fit too with wash board tum but then the kids came along and the rest is history. I got 1 and a half stone to lose but find it really hard cos on lots of tablets. I've struggled with anorexic symptoms (the 8 and a half stone thing) and bulimia since I was about 13, so 20 years now. I've been on every diet imagineable, yoyoed up and down and was even offered modelling contract but I just can't seem to keep weight stable. I know what I should do and how to do it but my brain doesn't seem to work right. How is it best to maintain weight? I mean from losing too much not just gaining too much.

By the way, your friend sounds like he achieved a lot and must have a will of steel! Well done to him.

Archived