Mental Health Forums

Anyone Else Done An Advance Directive Form?

Faerielight

i have to fill mine in by wed.. its suppposed to be like a living will in case i dont have enough mental capasity to say how i want to be treated, which is silly cos apparently the form is only legal for drs to foloow if ur not sectioned.

But im also having trouble filling it out cos my mother is my offical next of kin but i dont want her to be contacted in an emergency and i dont know who to put down as an alternative .

And i need to put who i would want to look after my cat merlin but i dont have anyone who could have him if something happened to him..

its really hard not having family or a boyfriend .. trying to fill this out is upsetting me.. i feel so alone.

faerie x

I have an Advanced Directive which i was given to fill in a few months ago by my care coordinator but have never got round to!

Seeing this has reminded me, so i will find it and go through it with her when she comes out soon

I know i was fonding it hard with what to put in it, especially to do with my son

Sharonxx

thanks guys.. yes its really sad that i dont kbnow who to put i asked my friend mark in london and he said yes but he wants to talk about it face to face before i put him down.. i,m supposed to put 3 paeople down,

also i have to put who can take care of merlin if anything happens to me and i dont have anyone.. when i was with my ex i felt secure that he would have him.

also filling out this form is making me feel so vulnerable, not just my mh but my physical health is so bad, im scared every day im gonna get so ill i wont have anyone to look after me.. my heart isnt workin prop, im so ill with all my illnesses, i feel like im dying pretty much every day, my body struggles so bad.. i scared of dying and not having anyone here..

sorry but this form has brought up a lot of my fears and im realising how alone and vulnerable i really am.

faerie x

Archived