Mental Health Forums

Mystery Prize Give Away

Joshua

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

I have 10 free gifts to give out. To receive one all you need to do is be one of the first 10 to reply to this post with a review of your experiences of bpdworl, the forums and any other service provided by us. What has the place done for you, how does it help, what can it provide that you cant receive in the community etc……

Your reviews may appear in publications and on the website for marketing purposes.

Hi,

I would be happy to review BPDWorld but wouldn't want to be identified. Would this be the case?

Happy New Year to everyone on BPDWorld! I wish you all a wonderful year, and thanks Josh for making this a great community!

arwen

Edited by arwentheelfqueen

i am drew and from newcastle this site has helped me get through some very difficult times from sh , abuse issues to times when i wanted to die

i have made a few friends through the site

i enjoy meeting up with some of the member s an

i was also entrusted to be a mod and thi give my self esteem a well desvreed boost

through modding i became aware of a course joshy was running and i completed it and have now gained a job in mental health just waiting for my crb

Hi, I'm Sam from Birmingham,

BPD world is a community which is largely more understanding, caring, and empathetic than people I meet in the outside world. It is a relief to be able to reflect about my experiences in the world on posts here and receive support for the often caustic nature of society. Chat is also a great way to spend time when I can't concentrate on any other activities. People there have often given me suggestions and inspiration to help me with problems I've had in work and social situations. Like any community, there are sometimes rough patches, but the moderators and supervisors have been competent at resolving these issues and conflicts.

First and foremost, BPDWorld is a supportive community, acting like a 24 hour support group, which removes the sense of isolation I experience from suffering from psychiatric illnesses. The posts have revealed that I am not alone in my problems. The board has helped me with an important aspect of my recovery as well, which is to learn compassion for myself. Additionally, helping others on the site has empowered me to feel useful and has helped, at least a little, my self esteem.

I'll add more later if I think of it.

arwen

Edited by arwentheelfqueen

My name is Emma and I come from Poole

I have been on the boards for a few months now after being diagnosed with BPD and OCD and also after years of struggles with depression, SH issues and Anxiety disorder

The confusion and turmoil I found myself in on diagnosis was soon calmed after joining. BPDworld is a very welcoming, supportive community and I instantly found help that I needed and never felt I gained before.

In the last few months I have picked up tips for grounding myself, and when things have been particuarly bad I have found some pretty firm help from other members. BPDworld has helped me to reach out a little bit more, learning to understand both my own problems as well as others. BPD has to be the best support network that I know of, and one of very few. The courage that Joshua has shown in making this community and helping others is and ispiration to me, as are the fellow members. The board takes away the stigma of mental health, and makes me feel a little more like a normal person with normal feelings and responses.

Not only have I gained support, I have made some good friends, and had a laugh, put things into better perspective with the help of others and opened up, trying to help others.

I'm not over exagerating when I say that BPDworld has been a lifeline to me in the time that I have been a member

I can honestly say that BPDWORLD is a lifeline for me.. There are no services in my area for people with personality disorders or trauma related illnesses and over the last 3 years of being a member here, I have felt accepted, understood and cared for .I have made good friends, continue to learn from the people on here and have made some progress in my recovery.. for example, I used to self harm every day and I haven't cut for two and a half years.

I am extremely isolated, due to physical health problems and my bpd on top, so I am at home most of the time and there is always someone to listen 24 hrs a day when i'm feeling really low and alone. And it is great to give support too .. as so many of us on here have similar struggles, I identify with a lot of people's posts.

a big thank you to josh , the mods and the people on here for providing a supportive place that is so needed !

S.

Tracy- Wednesbury, West Midlands

After suffering depression since I was 8 years old, and just being given medication, I was finally diagnosed with BPD in November 2007 aged 31 years old and straight away I joined this community. Since then, my life has gone through so many changes, and without the help of the members, mods, and Josh, I don't think I would have survived. I have always been able to wear a mask in my everyday life, to 'fit in', and am able to say that I hold down a good job, will soon be graduating from University with a Psychology Degree, am in a relationship, and expecting my first child. It is hard to carry on some days, pretending that I do not have Mental Health problems, but at the end of a hard day, I can come on here, and know I am not alone, that there are people who think like I do, behave as I do, and will not judge me on how I feel. It is with the help of this community that I can carry on with everyday life, that I have been able to start therapy, that I am able to express myself in ways I never knew existed. I have learnt more from the members here, than I could ever learn from just therapy and books. It is the sharing of our life experiences that help us all to move forwards with life.

I for one, amd so thankfull to Josh for starting this site, and for all the support from each and every person on here, they are all to me, the family and friends that I need to carry on living with this illness.

(hope thats ok Josh, :wub: )

My name is Natasha and I live in Belgium. I have been an active member of the BPDWorld community for over a year. Luck had it that I found out about this supportive haven through a documentary that I watched online, "Too Late For Kate". I sought out information about borderline personality disorder because around that period my symptoms were very intense and hard to live with. In joining this website and coming into contact with other mentally ill people through the forums, I reaped so many benefits. It was very important for me to get the acknowledgment that I then received and to know that I wasn't the only one fighting this enormous battle with my moods. The other members were immensely supportive, and that helped me so much to keep going. I gained more self-confidence, more self-awareness and I went to a psychiatrist knowing that I had the right to be there. The loneliness that I have gone through over this period was eased with the contacts I built up through BPDWorld. I have experienced this as a very helpful tool to assist my borderline personality disorder, my depression and my lonely moments. It has been a blessing to have stumbled upon this community and I am still actively involved in it.

My name's Saskia and I'm from London.

I joined this site after I had tried seeking help from my doctor but was fobbed off so many times. I once got as far as getting a psychiatric assessment but I was told I 'looked too happy to be depressed'. These kinds of reactions by the medical profession have put me off persuing the help I need and I'm still reluctant to go back. I've had eating disorders, trichotillomania and I suspect bipolar. I haven't spoken about my issues to my friends or family, although I suspect they know parts of it but are too afraid to bring it up.

Since I joined this site I feel like a huge weight has been liften from my shoulders. I used to feel like a freak about some stuff but realising that others are going through the same thing is so comforting. People are open-minded and supportive and I'm so glad I found this site.

A year ago I left a psychiatric ward with a new prescription and a discharge form with BPD written on it. I'd never heard of borderline personality disorder before, and the hospital staff neglected to explain it to me before I left. All they told me was that I wasn't depressed anymore, which didn't make sense with the feelings I was experiencing. I went home and typed BPD into google. "Argumentative, manipulative, untreatable". I felt sick to the stomach. A month before I'd been the victim of that cruel disease, depression. Now I was a horrible person who only had myself to blame for my actions. I felt so confused and alone, and so very very angry. But then I found BPDWorld.

This year hasn't been easy. I've struggled with urges to self harm, to shoplift, even to end my life. But, conversley, I've also had some mini acheivements. Cleaning my home, maintaining family ties, making new friends. And I've shared it all with the community here at BPDWorld. My friends here have heard me rant and rave at the unfairness of this condition. They've supported me through it with good advice, humour, and a kick up the backside when I've needed it. They understand the impulsive nature of BPD in a way which my family and other friends could never comprehend. They forgive me when I'm a bitch and they encourage me when I'm down. And I'd like to think that I've been able to do the same for them sometimes too.

It's not an exaggeration to say that BPDWorld has saved my life on more than one occasion. Just knowing that it is here helps me get through the dark days. Thankyou.

Sam from York.

My name is Rose from Manchester. I was given this website a year and a half ago. It took me over a year to come online but I am so glad I did as I have received a lot of support here. Keep up the good work!

My name is Rebecca and I suffer from BPD, depression and social anxiety.

Before I found this site, I felt very alone. There was nobody in my life that I could relate to. I was very ashamed of whom I was and the thoughts and feeling I was having. Until I found BPD World…

I have found BPD World to be a caring community where members can share thoughts and experiences without fear of rejection. BPD World has given me a soft place to fall, where people understand and relate to my condition. It is a place to go in my darkest moments to write a post in crisis or a poem in creative corner. When I feel alone and abandoned, I am welcomed in the chat room where others always ask “How are you feeling?” Most of all the BPD World community cares and nurtures me when I am unable to do this myself, and I no longer feel alone.

Rebecca

Australia

Edited by rebex

Man, I don't even want the prize...I just wanted to know what the mystery was. :/ Oh, well! There's always next time! :D Gosh, the mystery of what it could be is just so exciting though!!! Oooh, I wonder what it was!!!!!

Man, I don't even want the prize...I just wanted to know what the mystery was. :/ Oh, well! There's always next time! :D Gosh, the mystery of what it could be is just so exciting though!!! Oooh, I wonder what it was!!!!!

Josh' book? ^_^

I know I am too late for the prize but I would like to give my two cents anyway.

My name is Lilly from Holland, this website has provided me with something that is priceless to me. Josh hired me as a volunteer to work for BPDworld, I can share my experiences and what I have learned to others, not only do I like to be of help to others it has also given me the feeling of being worhty too eventhough I do not have a regular job. Josh is very open to giving people all sort of chances to help and feel part of the community which is a great thing and gives people back their self worth. Besides from that there is always support around in the form of peers or staff members.

In the outside community there isnt always someone there when you need them, on the forum there is always someone around. The outside community also doesnt use the experiences of people with BPD to their advantage where as BPDworld does. They have people help out that know from personal experience what it is like to have BPD. Its a great place in general to not have to feel so alone or weird because you are not only one with certain symptoms on the board and in chat.

Lilly

Thanks for the pressie!

I won't spoil it for those who haven't got it yet by saying what it is, but i needed one of those. Cheers xx

I don't want to spoil it either but wanted to say thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

whispers.. so did you get the two weeks all inclusive to the bahamas too?