Mental Health Forums

Hooray!

doormouse

Today I finally managed to ask this guy at work if he wanted to join me and some friends going out next week - and he said yes.....

Doesn't sound like a lot, I know, but this Mouse is very happy and quite excited!

She is also really hoping she is right about this one!

It has been a good day :D

I just hope there's going to be somthing to tell! lol

I've been so excited I had to tell someone about it but am also trying not to build this up in my head too much - I am merely going out for a drink and to the cinema with some friends........just keep telling myself this!

Have to do the whole - "we're meeting here at this time" bit tomorrow, and just hope he's not had a better offer since friday!

mousex

Ok - update.....

not so much hooray today - cos now he isn't coming..... :( He has an absolutely valid and almost definately true excuse (finishing his job application which has to be submitted by midnight wednesday...) but am still a bit disappointed....

Also, my lovely friend Lauren, who I live with at the hospital, and was going to move in with when we move out, is going to be moving in with her boyfriend - my equally lovely friend Matt! I: am very happy for them, and I had seen it coming for a while - guess I just rather selfishly kinda hoped it might take them a bit longer! Now I either have to find someone else to live with (who will put up with both me and my snotty cat!) or find somewhere I can afford on my own. Both easier said than done - and more importantly, I'll really miss her!

Not such a good post under good day, I guess - am just now figuring out where to go from here with this guy at work........grrrrrrrr! why does everything have to be so complicated?!!! :blink:

sorry things not working out hun i hope you can get something sorted about moving i know it wont make missing her any easier but maybe you can find somewhere nearby. with the guy not coming, can you arrange another night? maybe saying its a wishing him good luck kinda thing for his job application?

:bigarmhug[1]:

xxx

sorry things not working out hun i hope you can get something sorted about moving i know it wont make missing her any easier but maybe you can find somewhere nearby. with the guy not coming, can you arrange another night? maybe saying its a wishing him good luck kinda thing for his job application?

:bigarmhug[1]:

xxx

Yeah, working on that one - asked him if he got his application on ok this mornig, he asked me if I'd had a good time last night......I said it was a shame he didn't make it.....there actually are plans afoot for a few people to go out on friday night, to celebrate everyone getting their applications in (not doing mine this year....long story....) but I don't know whether he wouldn't want to come because there would be a lot of the others there....he's quite shy really....that and the fact I don't want to push it oo hard, cos it'll get kinda obvious - which would be fine if he's thinkingt the same thing, but horribly embarassing if he isn't. Thing is, he's on nights next week, then on a course the week after, then he has two days left before he moves to another part of the (very small!) hospital - when I will probably never see him. So if I'm gonna do somthing about it, I kinda have to move on it. I'm considereing talking to my friend/college who works with us both, cos I've discussed it at length with Lauren, but she hasn't actually met him, or seen us interact, so I've got no objective view. I would have to absolutely swear her to secrecy of course but.....I know what the sodding nurses think, but I don't know if they're just winding me up - there's perhaps one I would trust, (who's a bit like a mother to me!), but I really would rather keep the whole mess in my head private!!

Must also focus on not getting too tangled up in the whole thing! lol My Janine and Lauren both said last night that it was good to see me smiling, and it was exciting, and thathad to be a good thing, even if nothing comes of it

right - bleep going - back to work!

ahhh.......if only it were as simple as it seems to be on Holby City! Eyes meeting across a bloody operating table.......in reality there simply isn't the time for all the sneaking around in linen cupboards they seem to do - most unprofessional, and showing a lack of self respect methinks anyway! :lol:

We have been to lunch together a few times tho......

I have discovered that, like me, he likes hiking, so am considering suggesting we go walking one weekend. I'm supposed to be going out with some people from work tonight - and Lauren has ordered me to ask him! - but I wonder if walking wouldn't be more his thing......

All I have to do now is actually ask him......easier said than done - ARGH!!!!

He is nice tho......but the sister was talking to the physios whilst I was sat at the desk today - and they managed to make me go totally scarlett...blushing...apparenelty......no now they are all teasing me too! Just so ong as ther might to somthing to be teased about.......

fingers toes etc etc etc crossed!

crossing everything hunny

sounds like you have already made a good start

ask him , he can always say no.

a walk sounds a real nice idea, and being outside is easier to talk, I find

ARGH!!!

Possible disaster - one of the nurses just said she thought he was seeing somebody!!!!

Oh b*ll*cks......

I am such an idiot.......

Although she could be wrong....

This is messing with my head now..... :unsure:

damn nurses

She is probably jealous

Hang in there,

she is prob talking crap

Tell your head its ok, and carry on with your plans

People have said things to me over the years - put me off things - through their own lies

doubt it - tee hee - she's old enough to be my mother!

And was pretty encouraging about asking him to go walking - think she's like him to be single as much as I would! So now am just finding excuses to hang around on the ward until he gets back down here!

ok - last post I am going to write under "good day".......cos it wasn't......

aforementioned nurse decided it would be a good idea to ask him out essentially on my behalf - without my knowledge or consent!!! - in fornt of the entire ward - and she wasn't exactly discreet......

So eventually, having fled in shame, I had to go back and apologise to him for HER behaviour, explain they had been ribbing me for week and that I would quite like the ground to swallow me up........he said I shouldn't take it from the nurses....mentioned that this might be easier if they were completely wrong....then wandered off the ward......got a "have a nice weekend" called after me, to which I responded "you too"......and that was it.....

I'm not really going to see him for the next two weeks - except in morning handover cos he's on nights, and then on a course......which is probably a good thing.....

My friends took me out for dinner and plied me with red wine and rasberry mohito.....so my head is suitably swimmy.....

I am lucky to have them....

im sorry she did this she had no right to do it without your knowledge or permission.

the 'might be easier if they were completely wrong' bit, could that be him thinking you werent really interested. he might have just meant easier for you which still might not mean he not interested. if you only going to see him briefly would it be worth writing a note explaining why you ran away and how you were angry at them for doing it that way, maybe slip a bit in saying if he did want to go out one night or hiking then you would like that. doesnt have to be pushy, maybe more just letting him know that you are wanting to and if he does then thats cool. even if it was as friends because at least you would see each other and there would always be the chance for something to develop.

take care

xxx

im sorry she did this she had no right to do it without your knowledge or permission.

the 'might be easier if they were completely wrong' bit, could that be him thinking you werent really interested. he might have just meant easier for you which still might not mean he not interested. if you only going to see him briefly would it be worth writing a note explaining why you ran away and how you were angry at them for doing it that way, maybe slip a bit in saying if he did want to go out one night or hiking then you would like that. doesnt have to be pushy, maybe more just letting him know that you are wanting to and if he does then thats cool. even if it was as friends because at least you would see each other and there would always be the chance for something to develop.

take care

xxx

Alas....I was worried that bit wasn't clear - more so because it was me that said it.....

I guess I meant it would be easier to take the teasing if they were, in fact, completely wrong - ie if I didn't actually have any interest at all. - but did realise as I said it - and then ran! - that he might have heard god knows what.......

I am trying to do as Lauren suggested - and leave it be over the weekend - not that I could do anything anyway, and see what happens. We will see each other briefly tues, thurs and friday morning in handover, then not at all the following week, then back at work for two days. Perhaps I see what, if anything, he does after that, try and find out if he does actually have a girlfriend. ( though have no idea how!) It may well be a case of leaving well alone, and just enjoying having another friend at work. Disappointing, but I guess I'll get over it. Either that, or maybe I stop trying and somting actually happens....you just never know.....

dont worry about it (what you said), besides its possible that when you see him again it will feel a little easier explaining it. and oddly enough the whole stop looking and you find someone often does work, must be to do with vibes we put out or something but as soon as i consciously stopped looking i met someone (how much of a good thing that was is debatable). good luck anyway and i really hope that things turn out ok.

take care

xxx

Goodish news.....

He is, at least still speaking to me - was much more like his usual self this morning, handing over from nights. I had to speak to one of the sisters about the whole debacle last friday - if it were possible to die from embarasment I would have been six feet under with a tonne of concrete over my head - so spoke to Elaine, who is the only sane person on the ward, and the only nurse on the planet I trust ( no offence, any reading nurses...). Just explained what had happened and how it made me very uncomfortable, and look unprofessional, and it seems she dealt with it. No sarky comments this week...thus far.

I have a plan....Simon is moving departments tuesday week - is off all next week on study leave (I am, in fact, covering most of the week....) so, I am leaving things be until then, at which point I figure it will be safe to tell him I enjoyed working with him and see if he wanted to meet up sometime when not working - way I see it, if I am rejected and humiliated etc etc - even in a hospital this small, working in different departments, you never see each other, so I won't have to deal with that every day - and if not.....who knows? I'm also thinking, from what I know about him, that if (and its a very big HUGE "if") he were to be thinking along even vaugley similar lines, probably wouldn't be comfortable if we were still working together anyway.

So, working on the safe approach this time - not sure if I will have the nerve to go through with it - especially as have just over a week to wind myself up about it......I'm such a bloody teenage - butterflies in the stomach, the whole nine yards - very very embarassing! :blush: I really want to know one way or the other......and rather hope its the other, but trying not to get hopes up even the tiniest little bit......

i am glad that things are looking more promising, i really hope that it all goes ok when you ask him, sounds like a good plan with the timing and everything. go for it girl ;) you not going to have to see him all the time anyway, you can do it :D

xxx

Archived