Mental Health Forums

Hooray!

doormouse

He's back at work today, things seem ok - but it is total mayhem at work today, loads of people not in cos of the snow, loads of trauma patients and no surgeons........I'm just hiding in our little docs room/cleaning store/MDT roon/you get the picture....to get five minutes peace in which to much my cardboard baked potato and beans!

D-day tomorrow......I have been told in no uncertain terms by my close friends that I am not allowed to bottle out of talking to him tomorrow - Lauren is, in fact threatening my with a slap around the head with a piece of wet fish, and says a large sea bass would be her weapon of choice so.....I almost want to get it over with today (sounds like I'm going for some particularly nasty injections or something! lol )just in case I don't see him tomorrow, but equally do not want to face the rejection and humiliation of having to work with him tomorrow if/when it all goes pear shaped.....

Whats the worst that can happen? Aside from rejection, humiliation, dying of embarassment, people laughing at me......

Problem is, I have absolutely no idea what I'd do if I got a positive response........am just feeling a little defeatist and as if its highly unlikely anyway at the moment. Probably the best way to be - wouldn't want to get my hopes up and add "totally crushed" to the above list!

Watch this space I guess.....

best of luck i hope it goes ok. i dont see why it shouldnt go well but understand not wanting to get your hopes up.

thinking of you

xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.....

Not "updated" this sad little thread about my non-existant love life for a while.....

Am thinking this probably should come under 'relationship issues' but hey.......

So - my cunning plan....not exactly a complete success. Basically I hung around on the ward on the tuesday, waiting for him to get out of theatre and head back to get his stuff before heading home. So 6.30pm - having found myself work to do, so that it didn't look as if I'd been hanging around on the ward lol - fortunately is not that unusual for me to be at work 1-2 hours after I technically finish! My idea of managing to leave at the same time, and hence walk to the car-park together was scuppered when he charged off to go finish all his discharges ( so the next one in the job didn't have to do any of his work....he really is way to nice to be a surgeon....)Hre walks faster than me - which is saying somthing - so I ended up essentially chasing him out of the hospital, sprinting up the next bit of corridor every time he turned a corner so that he didn't know I was chasing him out the building...... :lol: I really couldn't make this stuff up! So, I just about manage to catch up with him, got as far as "its been good working with you", to which I got a very Simon-ish response along the lines of "oh cheers...thanks...yeah....." Then there was a rather long pregnant pause, after which I got out.."so......I'll.....be.....seeing you around????" to which I got "oh yeah, definately......" And that was it - This mouse is useless at this kind of thing!!! :rolleyes:

I've seen him around a bit since then, will be handing over the on-call bleep to him tonight....he's got an interview for run-through orthopaedic training on monday..

I decided that I either needed to do somthing about this, or just get over it, so I talked to my friend Chichi, who is the only person I know who is friends with both me and Simon, and the only person I could think of who might know whether he was seeing anyone, what possibly might be going on in his head..(as if......) and she is going to make some discrete "enquiries" when she gets back from annual leave at the end of next week. So hopefully I will be a bit closer to getting an answer. Either he is interested, but is like me when it comes to doing anything about it (clearly best case senario from my point of view!) or he's got somebody else, or isn't interested, or is just being a man and being completely oblivious (apologies to all non-oblivious men.....wherever you may be! :P ) or a combination of all the last three..... Anyway, I just want to know really, and hopefully, once I do, I'll just deal with it!

So there it is - think I should turn my life into some kind of hospital soap opera, with a bit of trampolining, orchestra, and mental health insanity thrown in?!

Mousexx

i always think they would get so many more ratings if they did a show about people where i work (including me), you really cant make it up sometimes. well im glad you are getting somewhere towards knowing where you stand, i hope your friend is able to find something good out for you. sometimes men need a nudge in the right direction so i hope it goes well :)

xxx

i always think they would get so many more ratings if they did a show about people where i work (including me), you really cant make it up sometimes. well im glad you are getting somewhere towards knowing where you stand, i hope your friend is able to find something good out for you. sometimes men need a nudge in the right direction so i hope it goes well :)

xxx

Dear God so do I!! Am just trying really hard not to think about it - or indeed him! - a bit of a struggle when I'm handing over at the end of the day and making a professional prat of myself, or atleast feeling paranoid about doing so!

Ah well - concentrate on the job and leave well alone.....trust Chichi and hope for the best.......... AAAAAAARGH! :o

right...mini update.....

Chichi is back this week and planning to see Simon at some point - so maybe will have some news by the end of the week.......

If he's not interested, fine (well, I guess I'll be a bit disappointed..lol), but it will be good to know...or at least have a better idea!

Wish me luck..... :rolleyes:

Archived