Mental Health Forums

Searching For Parents Of Teenagers

mum

Hi, Mum! I'm a mom, too. Welcoming hugs! I'm sorry you're going through this with your daughter, it's so deeply painful and makes one question oneself hard, doesn't it? My stepdaughter (15) is also cutting and suicidal, and I joined here right after her last major incident. When you're a mom, your babies' pain is YOUR pain! I have mental health issues, too, so I've wasted more than my share of energy thinking it's all my fault, so much so that I'm sure I made some of it be my fault thru self fulfilling prophecy. So far, I'm here with my mind wide open to learning from other members, trying to change the way I interact with my daughter. Jades has in particular offered me some teen perspective, thanks Jades!!!!!!! Anyhow, welcome, and feel free to pm me anytime.

Love and light,

catspiracy

To pm me any time? Sorry, I don't know the lingo - what does this mean. Thank you for posting. I read your post on bad mother and that is so difficult a feeling to bypass.

organ and voice

but not to chets standard

daughter plays flute

I really wish I could help

I think you need to go back to CAMHS and tell them your concerns, if you havent already

And she Definately still needs support

You are a great mum, to care this much

It is very hard, sorry

My children are 18 and 20 and I constantly agonize that they will be like me and have mh problems

hello mum. My kids are younger 8 and 5 but I was a teen with mh problems many moons ago and have been through the system a bit. If I can be of any help just let me know. Hugs for being so brave xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hello and :welcomeani:

its great that you are trying so hard to seek help and understand what your daughter is going through. i had problems from when i was 7/8 and all through my teenage years and was not diagnosed with anything properly until i was 27 and had no support (and still dont) from parents so good on ya :) .

pm means private message, you can click on a persons name on a post and there are options, one is to send a message. or you can click on the messages link on the top right of the page and that will take you to your messages section where you can read private messages or send them.

take care

xxx

hi mum,i'm a mother of 4,i have suspicisions that my 15 year old daughter self harms,the other week she came downstairs with cuts on her arms and she said she done it whilst shaving but the cuts were to deep for that.

Amy xx

hi mum,i'm a mother of 4,i have suspicisions that my 15 year old daughter self harms,the other week she came downstairs with cuts on her arms and she said she done it whilst shaving but the cuts were to deep for that.

Amy xx

That's how things started with us - small suspicions, when challenged denied. I don't know what the best approach is in this situation. I think with my daughter (I am a mother of 3, my daughter being the youngest) things escalted because of pressures she was under (GCSE year and music pressures) but she did keep putting herself under these pressures by aiming so high. She became like a pressure cooker.

What steps do youthink you will take with your daughter?

she is so in denial and won't admit she has a problem am waiting for my own gp to get back from her holidays which is either this week or nextt week and i will make an appointment to see her,i'm worried sick about my daughter that she is following in my footsteps.

Amy xx

Archived