Mental Health Forums

Experiences Of Trazodone (desyrel/molipaxene)

ununpentium

Anyone been on this drug?

I am going to ask my psych if I can start it for my depression and anxiety, just wondered if other people found it helpful.

I've also heard it's sedating. I'm currently on Mirtazapine (Remeron) which is also sedating, I need it to sleep.

Hi again, how ya doin ??

I am on trazadone, prscribed both as an antidepressant and to sleep. At first I was given 20 mg a night (1 capsule) but during mania it didn't touch the sides, so I'm now on 4 a night - and yup, it sure works. Not had a sleepless night (completely anyway) for months now. I guess they will be reducing it soon (hmmmph) but I'll wait and see.

I had terrible twitches on Mirtazapine, but that was good for sleep too. Bloody rattling around at the mo - those plus olanzapine, lamotragine and prozac. I should be the stablest, happiest person alive. Er, not.

Sapphy xx

Hi :)

Did you get any weird side effects? Or found you couldn't get out of bed for three days?

When I started mirtazapine I slept pretty much constantly for the first week. But that I can handle.

Well I didn't feel sleepy on 1 tablet, but knocked out on 4, and can easily sleep in during the day. I tend to sleep a lot anyway when I feel like poo.

My hubs took one tablet once when he couldn't sleep but had to, slept like a log and spent the next day saying he couldn't wake up (I know, very naughty and I didn't know about it. He learned his lesson). and how the hell did I manage taking these drugs ??? Answer = easy....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trazodone - found this to be a helpful.

One side effect I did notice was weird dreams, but this could either have been traz or lamotragine.

I would honestly recommend traz, and just find the right dose/balance for you. It beats the sitting on the computer all night anyway !!!

Hugs, Sapphy xxx

hi,

i have been on this med too.

it totally knocks me out at a low dose.

it was a bit freaky cos on it i kept having the 'incubus' experience - like a large dog or person was sitting on me.

after working out, by process of elimination which med was causing this, -(the molipaxin/dyserel) i googled it, and found i was not the only one who experienced it with this med.

now i take seroquel, but oft feel panicky between the time i take it and go asleep.

ps www.askapatient.com is a fab site to find out other real ppls views/side effects/good exp with meds. there is a huge data base of thousands of regular peoples experiences and ratings for prescription meds.

i hope it works out for you.

i dont mean to be negative in this post, i am just giving you my experience.

anne marie

the trouble with these meds is they all have side effects. I have had to take my wedding rings off cos of fluid retention, which my psych says is Olanzapine. I want my rings on, he says give it time. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i was put on it a few years ago for sleep and nightmares but it upset my tummy so i got put on mirtazipine( am off that now) and now on seroquel and lorazepam. faerie x

I'm on trazodone for sleep. My doc told me it won't help me fall asleep, only Keep me asleep. Not sure if she was right or not, because I changed my bedtime and that did the trick for me so I didn't take the med but a couple of times.

Good luck.

Nina

• 2 weeks later...

Archived