Mental Health Forums

Exams Start Monday

Boy_Blue

If I feel like giving up on life half the time how am I supposed to motivate myself to study for these exams. There is so much content to cover and as usual I have left it too late. See I always did really well in exams previously as I am clever enough (but no energy or telepathic capacity to absorb the information without actually reading it!!). The catch is that I need to be interested in it in the first place. My company has paid over 30k for this course and If I fail I am all but finished. Look at me posting here when I should be getting on with it. I am such an idiot.

O well will try to get stuck in.

:wacko:

:mellow:

:blink:

:(

:blahblah1:

look I even spelt energy wrong. What a Muppet!!

Hiya..

Its a lot of pressure that you are under with everything else going on and it would get to anyone.You are smart and im sure you are capable of passing its just the way that you feel right now.

Take half hour and just sit and calm yourself...make sure you drink lots of water and eat regulary otherwise it will effect your concentration.You can only do your best and i know that you will pass.

XXXXXXXXX

Blue babe, is good advice from Daisy-girl. Take 5 and drink plenty of water. You can only do your best and that is all. I'm sure you'll be fine, just nerves and panicking. I get it a lot cos I'm a perfectionist (shh don't tell anyone), and it's hard trying to live up to your own expectations but I'm sure you've done loads of work just give yourself a break. Am here if you need to talk. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Would you look at my two bestest best forum friends coming straight in with support. x

I will just do my best and hope that it is ok. If I fail then I can always repeat :unsure:

My god there are wheelie bins flying around in the air as we are in the middle of a storm and my window is howling as I am trying to study. Maybe the university will blow down and the exam might be cancelled.

If only.......

Thanks again girls. You give me better support than a wonder bra! Hopefully after the diet I wont need one!

ugh exams are the worst things, even when i know i can do something (i do have a brain in here somewhere) just the stress of it seems to make every word go in and fly straight back out again. take plenty of breaks and as daisy said drink plenty of water and eat regularly. i found that writing key parts out over and over again helped, the repetition kinda stuck it into my brain and the rest of it followed once i had remembered that, try to have trigger words that set off remembering the rest.

dont panic about how much the company has paid etc you can only do what you can. i wish you the best of luck, you got any kind of treat planned for when they over and done with? i always liked to have a reward for getting through them planned for myself, made it a little easier to put up with studying for them.

xxx

ugh exams are the worst things, even when i know i can do something (i do have a brain in here somewhere) just the stress of it seems to make every word go in and fly straight back out again. take plenty of breaks and as daisy said drink plenty of water and eat regularly. i found that writing key parts out over and over again helped, the repetition kinda stuck it into my brain and the rest of it followed once i had remembered that, try to have trigger words that set off remembering the rest.

dont panic about how much the company has paid etc you can only do what you can. i wish you the best of luck, you got any kind of treat planned for when they over and done with? i always liked to have a reward for getting through them planned for myself, made it a little easier to put up with studying for them.

xxx

Thanks for your support. At least people on this forum know how to be supportive. I am doing the writing key parts thing and it is helping a bit with the study.

I don't know the meaning of the word treat at the mo. No nice food, No time, No Drink, No love (except my daughter), No friends (because they only drink), No Life. Don't mind me I am going on a complete downer as I just had a fight with my wife and it just feels like the last straw. I just don't know why I bother. Might as well tell everyone to fuck off and go on the dole. I am always the one that has to hold everything together. I took time out of study to go down and cook everyone dinner and all I got was moaning and grief and selfish behaviour. I am sick of making excuses for her. She treats me like crap and I am stuck lonely and cant leave because I love my daughter too much and have a baby on the way. She knows I try and she will not make any effort with me. I am so pissed off I feel like crying....

Sorry for the rant. Everything is just getting on top of me.

Sorry things aren't going well. It sounds like you have a lot going on. When I feel overwhelmed it usually helps if I focus on one thing at a time. Its not the best advice, but I do find that I usually get a lot more done since I don't get stressed by all the other things as I pretend they dont exist, lol. Good luck with your test and with your relationship. Best wishes and I hope it helped to write some of your frustrations down. xxx

Would you look at my two bestest best forum friends coming straight in with support. x

I will just do my best and hope that it is ok. If I fail then I can always repeat :unsure:

My god there are wheelie bins flying around in the air as we are in the middle of a storm and my window is howling as I am trying to study. Maybe the university will blow down and the exam might be cancelled.

If only.......

Thanks again girls. You give me better support than a wonder bra! Hopefully after the diet I wont need one!

ha ha..............

good luck boy blue!

xxxxxxxxx

I am truly sorry u feeling miserable. I wishI could make it better for you. Here is a hug *HUG*

On the subject of uni have you read the mindmap book. Load of people swear by it as a way of getting your brain to remember things??

I am truly sorry u feeling miserable. I wishI could make it better for you. Here is a hug *HUG*

On the subject of uni have you read the mindmap book. Load of people swear by it as a way of getting your brain to remember things??

Thanks Rose. Will look into that book. Its more application then anything. I have such a short attention span.

Sent you a PM by the way.

Cheers,

B.

Just replied to your pm Blue. People with a high IQ often suffer with short attention spans. Me and hubbie walk out of ilms, switch TV off half way through, chuck books down - it's an affliction.

sorry things not been going too well, cant fix the wife im afraid (though i know how it feels) but there are treat things you can do that dont involve what you said. having a relaxing bath, manicure (joking), reading a favourite book, buying something nice, sometimes just having time to yourself to do something you enjoy - reading, writing, listening to or writing music, drawing can be a treat. you deserve to have something that makes you feel good, even if only a little.

xxx

sorry things not been going too well, cant fix the wife im afraid (though i know how it feels) but there are treat things you can do that dont involve what you said. having a relaxing bath, manicure (joking), reading a favourite book, buying something nice, sometimes just having time to yourself to do something you enjoy - reading, writing, listening to or writing music, drawing can be a treat. you deserve to have something that makes you feel good, even if only a little.

xxx

Thanks. I was just being a moan bag due to the pressure. Although my wife can be a head wreck at the best of times I am used to it and should know better than to be complaining about it.

hey we are here any time you need to vent your frustrations, if your wife getting to you then you can always come here and offload. hope things a little better today.

xxx

How u doin Blue? xxxxxxx

I am ok mood wise. Bit stressed with this exam. I am o.k. on 3 out of four subjects but I left the accounting preparation too late and it is my first exam. I would say I will have to repeat. Going to be burning the midnight oil on this one.

Thanks for the support. I just think it will be the 1st time in my life I failed an exam and it was my own lazy fault as its not that hard. Just loads of content and I should have started sooner. Will let you know how I get on. By the way I ate chocolate biscuits and crisps today and I am disgusted in myself. I was doing so well but there is a seriously dark cloud hovering above me and I am feeling very volatile and trapped and depressed. I feel like a slave to a toxic society (stupid and irrational I know). I don't know how long I can keep up this lie of an existence.

Sorry for moaning and thanks again for your support and friendship. I don't deserve it.

Boy blue dont beat yourself up please!

So you had some crisps and snacks.....what about the fact that you havent in weeks?The fact that you know you can do it?You are strong and have the willpower.You are stressed about your exam...its understandable.This isnt the end to your diet it is just a slip up...you can pick yourself up and try again.

I believe in you and i know you are down right now and want to give up but every day is a new day...tomorrow is a new day and you can achieve what you want.big hugs and kisses

xxxxxxxx

Boy blue dont beat yourself up please!

So you had some crisps and snacks.....what about the fact that you havent in weeks?The fact that you know you can do it?You are strong and have the willpower.You are stressed about your exam...its understandable.This isnt the end to your diet it is just a slip up...you can pick yourself up and try again.

I believe in you and i know you are down right now and want to give up but every day is a new day...tomorrow is a new day and you can achieve what you want.big hugs and kisses

xxxxxxxx

Thanks just feeling :sofa:

hey some biscuits and crisps, no big deal just a stumble doesnt mean you cant do it. i know its worrying about the exam but you can only do what you can, you have worked so hard on this and as you said you can repeat, it may not be what you want to do but its not the end of the world. dont give up hun you will get there :)

xxx

Archived