Mental Health Forums

Finally Quitting Drinking

jades

Cold turkey isn't as bad as it is made out except for the six bottles of spirits a day for the last 60 years person.

How do you know whether you need to stop or cut back? Don't do it for the wrong reason.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jades you are not a failure - 3 beers instead of 12 ? As they say in AA , progress not perfection , I know it is easier said than done but try and go easy on yourself

Hugs

I understand , I drink to block out my emotional pain , I have 5 days now clean and sober but so hard , for me I am addicted to speed via the needle which is REALLY hard

Thanks , I am doing my best . Bpd makes it harder to get clean but I have to try , Hope you can stay sober too - Nighty Nite - I am sleepy lol

thanks i am trying to cut back slowly to 3 beer a night and been successful so far dont keep much on hand but made it so i have to go thru mom to buy but geat ideas thanks

Jades: I struggle with drinking and eating problems also. I really do understand. I've stopped going to AA meetings, although I like to try to work the program on my own. I've messed up miserably of late. I know it's not good for me. Last damn drink was yesterday....I've got to fight this, though; perhaps we could all fight this together. I'll keep you in my thoughts/prayers, as well as others on this thread who've responded.

I thought of drinking several times today but I know I will use Meth if I drink so I am holding on to my sobriety

I was sober for 6 almost 7 days but just drank .. damn I feel like such a failure , I feel so mad at myself

Archived