Mental Health Forums

I Stayed Downstairs

Roses

For the first time in three months I managed to sit downstairs in the evening time and watch a film with my husband. I know it doesn't sound like much but I have been hiding upstairs after dark as I didn't feel safe downstairs and was actually confining myself to bedroom and sitting on floor in dark crying, or trying to talk to you guys on here a bit. So, I just wanted to let you all know that I did it and no-one came in and attacked us and the people under the bed and in the cupboards etc... didn't come and drag me down to their hell, so I will try again tonight.

I want to do my happy dance again..... you know, the timewarp one..... come on join in people.......

Hi,

I'm a newbie. Just read your topic.

I get scared in the home also. I think your really brave to. I cope by 1 min of 1 hour at a time. Good Luck with your recovery

sinbad113

thank you sinbad. if u want to talk about it I'm here. For a long time I've not wanted to talk about it but feel I can now.

It's just a step to the left... and then a step to the ri-i-i-i-i-i-ght!

Put you hands on your hips.....

ha ha!

what r u like? You're not supposed to do it naked????

oh ....i thought everybody dances naked.....???

must be just me then!

lol

xxx

This is fantastic Rose. I am so pleased for you both. Its made my day that you are feeling a bit more positive.

The break from the school and bit of time must be doing you the world of good.

What film was it? (always nosey)

Cheers,

B

Lol!!!!! It was Payback with Mel Gibson. The bleached one. We started watching it and I said to hubbie, "you know what's good for getting your whites whiter than white", and he said "only you would think of that". But the whites really do look sparkly bright on that film!! Tee hee.

Just saw your post Roses, great job! You must be so proud of yourself, that is amazing and I am so happy for you. I'll do a little dance for you while I clean!

xxx

really proud of you hun :) ive been through periods of both not being able to go downstairs and not being able to come upstairs (that one was a bitch, the bathroom and bedroom are up here) and yeah not good so really well done :)

xxx

Archived