Mental Health Forums

Films And Books That Made You Cry?

hummm_mabbe

theres a musical by elton john about a boy being rekected for wanting to be a dancer its based on a play im sure u can google it

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• daisy duck

• jades

Hi hummm_mabbe,

I have a great film for you!!!!

It's about child neglect and parents blaming their children. Its a comedy but it has some very underlying powerful themes. I cried my eyes out at the end (i won't tell you where in case you haven't seen it). It's filled with some beautifully funny, tearful and inspiring moments in it.

Anyone who wants to see a great film about a neglectful childhood should watch this film. It is my favourite.

Its called "Drop Dead Fred". I think it was made in 1991.

Enjoy. Let me know if you like it :)

-rebex

Hi hummm_mabbe,

It's about child neglect and parents blaming their children. Its a comedy but it has some very underlying powerful themes. I cried my eyes out at the end (i won't tell you where in case you haven't seen it). It's filled with some beautifully funny, tearful and inspiring moments in it.

Anyone who wants to see a great film about a neglectful childhood should watch this film. It is my favourite.

-rebex

Im gonna write all these up into a list and then go to the media library in town, passing SPAR to get a big box of tissues.

Hi hummm_mabbe,

-rebex

oooh i love that movie, not to mention i LOVE rik mayall (fred) unique man.

What was the big blockbuster bout the boy who wanted to be a ballet dancer? He as pretty rejected and humiliated?? Also, one about teenage girl who gets pregnant in 50's Ireland was haunting. She gets sent away to place run by nuns. And The Delinquents with our Kylie!

Ok case in point

Here I am listening to "My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words". Ive got tears coming to my eyes, and at the line "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone" theres a tidal wave threatening to break through.

OK I just cried. A lot.

Ok case in point

Here I am listening to "My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words". Ive got tears coming to my eyes, and at the line "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone" theres a tidal wave threatening to break through.

OK I just cried. A lot.

Its okay to cry...sometimes it does you good.Some lyrics/films do effect us cos we relate to them.Pretty woman makes me cry soooooooo much!!!

though oviously i don't relate to the prostitute bit!

xxxx

**trigger mabbe**

Um s ok, its just things have really gone into a swirl lately, starting to get to the core of things, feelings I didnt know were there are coming out - but I know why I never felt them before, they hurt, a lot.

The last part of the song - "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone (Or dead) " I couldnt stop thinking 'yes I am - very afraid'. Its kinna been building up for a few days, stuff about school, my family, my life now - the same theme. Show the world Im not afraid, so they dont know how much it hurts underneath. And the feeling that all there is, somehow, is death. Always been there somehow.

**trigger mabbe**

Um s ok, its just things have really gone into a swirl lately, starting to get to the core of things, feelings I didnt know were there are coming out - but I know why I never felt them before, they hurt, a lot.

The last part of the song - "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone (Or dead) " I couldnt stop thinking 'yes I am - very afraid'. Its kinna been building up for a few days, stuff about school, my family, my life now - the same theme. Show the world Im not afraid, so they dont know how much it hurts underneath. And the feeling that all there is, somehow, is death. Always been there somehow.

There isn't only death tho sometimes it feels like there is.Its hard to hide your hurt from people ....when you feel like your dying inside.Theres always ways to get through and theres nothing to say that you will walk this world alone.You never know what the future holds.

Im sorry you feel shit today,really am.Hope writing is helping

xxx

**trigger mabbe**

There isn't only death tho sometimes it feels like there is.Its hard to hide your hurt from people ....when you feel like your dying inside.Theres always ways to get through and theres nothing to say that you will walk this world alone.You never know what the future holds.

Im sorry you feel shit today,really am.Hope writing is helping

xxx

Its weird - its like I want to cry, like somehow ive always needed to, its like years of it coming out all at once, all the images from the past all swirling around. Its painful, but it feels like something that needs to be done, I dont know - like part of me coming back to life.

Hard to describe without sounding cheesy ....

If you feel this needs to happen for you to come to terms with certain things then thats a good thing.Just make sure you have support while you are facing the past

xxx

And then once the music stops, the shutters come back up, like it never happened.

But I know it did, so I cant lie and say its not there anymore. Its like a part of me that wants to keep 'me' sealed away, and crying momentarily lets me see him. Its not fake, Im not making it up, Im not making a fuss, attention seeking - Ive felt it, I know its real.

:)

And then once the music stops, the shutters come back up, like it never happened.

But I know it did, so I cant lie and say its not there anymore. Its like a part of me that wants to keep 'me' sealed away, and crying momentarily lets me see him. Its not fake, Im not making it up, Im not making a fuss, attention seeking - Ive felt it, I know its real.

:)

you know yourself.

Sometimes it takes something for us to finally open up,whether it be a music,film,a thought ect.Its good that you've allowed yourself to feel

xxx

If you feel this needs to happen for you to come to terms with certain things then thats a good thing.Just make sure you have support while you are facing the past

xxx

:hug2:

I just wrote an email to my T :) She has been trying to get me to feel something for the last 10 months ... I think she will be happy :) "its what you need to do" ... I think she was right, I actually feel better :blink:

the one thatgets me every time is diary of a angry black woman by tyler florance it such a wonder ful story about a woman who is kiked to the curb by husband he gets paralysed andshe has to find herself please watch it it is myfavorite i laughed i cried

hmmm hugs xxxxx tht movie tho this lady pulls out a chainsaw says half of everything in marriage is hers and saws couch in half lol glad u feel better

Lol jades, that is one of my fav movies too. Hmmm for my fav sad books and movies...

movies- white oleander, patch adams, john q, and the notebook

books - the wedding, suzannes diary for nicholas, my sister's keeper, keeping faith, any nicholas sparks or jody picault books...

ps, most of mine are kinda girly ones, but I made my fiance read suzanne's diary for nicholas and part of the wedding and he enjoyed them both. Lol

Archived