• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• daisy duck

• jades

I just saw Last Chance Harvey tonight and didn't stop blubbering the whole way through. I'm exhausted!

Whats it about? Sounds like a comedy in title, but not funny in content :(

**trigger** - scenes of killing and war in link

This thread is reminding me of other films that me cry unbelievably, but that stuck in my mind for years.

I remember seeing Gallipoli (YouTUBE link to ending) when I was about 15, and it stayed with me forever. Why?

Its the theme of invalidation - those in command will not listen to the awful things that are happening, they will not care for those that rely on them, and instead send them to their deaths. The main character who dies is a young man. A young man who is killed because those who should guide and protect him will not listen, because "they know best". Story of my life.

Even just this clip still affects me now.

oi i got one that is about a by en rjcted all his life the gttig acceptace by t in navy the story of antwon fisher book and movie truestory really good must get 4 stars

oi i got one that is about a by en rjcted all his life the gttig acceptace by t in navy the story of antwon fisher book and movie truestory really good must get 4 stars

:hug2:

Oooo I like the sound of that one. I will add it to my listie

Thank u Jades

:bigarmhug[1]:

might be antwon jackson cant remember try both

Tis Antwone Fisher. I have ordered the movie from the local library - have got so many books im reading at the mo thought it would be easier to sit ans watch that.

Today I watched Regeneration again - that made me cry loads when I first saw it, this time there were different scenes that affected me. Its a story of healing, of emotional breakdown and healing

Last Chance Harvey is a movie about middle aged love and regret. It has Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson. The first third of the movie is very sad, but it starts to pick up after that. I just loved it, but the GF--a total movie freak--thought it was merely so-so.

Books: anything by Margaret Atwood makes me cry, then laugh thru my tears. If you've never read anything by her, here's one of her poems that Ive memorized:

"You fit me like a hook and eye

A fish hook

An open eye."

also, "Green" by Francis Sherwood (also wrote historical drama about a (bipolar? my guess) 1700s feminist "Vindication")

"Lovers and Tyrants" By Francine Du Plessix Gray

"Failure to ZigZag" by Jane Vandenburgh

ok, i'm a girl so these are female protagonist stories. Hope you can vibe with 'em, Ross :)

Movies that arent necessarily sad, because they are incredibly inspirational, but really made me cry in the middle of them:

"the Diving Bell and the Butterfly"

"The Whale Rider"

omg books, i am a novel-eater!

please everyone, read "The God of Animals" by Aryn Kyle. oh, the invalidation! oh the insensitivity to animal souls! CRY BUCKETS!

Hi ross,

I find it increasingly difficult to watch the news without a few tissues to hand.

mans inhumanity to man makes me cry.

Take care- i hope you are ok,

anne marie x.

Hullo everboddicles

I didnt know that Diving Bell had been made into a film? I have been reading the book lately, its good.

It seems that the film watching and book reading has had the desired effect, and it seems I am more able to cry now. In fact some threads here lately have made me tearful to write them, so I am hoping that my detached part that stops me feeling will now naff off and let me do what I need to do in therapy :)

Im still gonna make my way thru all these bookies and movies tho, they all sound cooooool.

Female protegonsists are ok, helps me with my gender dysphoria (!)

:) Gotta laugh .... :wacko:

The force surrounds us, penetrates us and binds us......

Tomorrow I am going to get my midi-chlorian count taken, hopefully by a decent jedi-nurse. The last one cocked it up and they thought I was a right sith-head.

Aha.

Ha.

Ha.

Ooooooooo ....

**tumbleweed**

LMAO!!!! Tomorrow I am going to use the force to bring my breakfast upstairs to my bed!!!!

ORRR you can go to youtube and look up "chad vader" and "adam and joe star wars" and mabbe have a chuckle, if your sense of humour is as silly as mine :)

OOHHH and "Family guy blue harvest".

Star wars a roonnee go go

you guys have to see robot chicken star wars rofl obi one ........where the hell is he lol

I am sooo lookin that up :)

I have to watch Antwone Fisher today, got my tissues ready in case I blub :(

I just finished watching Antwone Fisher.

There was one main scene that really made me cry - its when he meets his extended family that he didnt know about, and his 'dream' comes true. I realised it made me cry, it was like a longing. Acceptance - he was finally being accepted.

Actually, the dream right at the beginning, same theme - made me cry too.

Its what part of me craves, but it seems like a far off dream - like Antwones at the beginning.

Hiya babe. I've not seen that film but I know what you mean about why you cried. I wish I could give you a hug. Just have to make do with a virtual one **HUG**

xxxxxxxx

Hiya babe. I've not seen that film but I know what you mean about why you cried. I wish I could give you a hug. Just have to make do with a virtual one **HUG**

xxxxxxxx

Hi Roses

Thank you :( Dunno why, gone all detached now. Poo.

Archived