Mental Health Forums

Films And Books That Made You Cry?

hummm_mabbe

Is probably cos I said I wanted to hug you. You worried I *squish* l'il Rossy.

But seriously, probably cos u upset sweetie. Don't worry, we're all here for you. U wanna open thread and talk about it or pm me??

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• daisy duck

• jades

Is probably cos I said I wanted to hug you. You worried I *squish* l'il Rossy.

But seriously, probably cos u upset sweetie. Don't worry, we're all here for you. U wanna open thread and talk about it or pm me??

No I detached because the part of me that accuses me of making all my problems up and of being a shameful attention seeker MISSED the fact that the theme of acceptance made me cry like a baby, and instead latched onto the fact that my life was not as replete with trauma as Antwone Fishers.

The simple fact of that part invalidating me made me detach.

Yeah weird. When I was sad, I wasnt detached, but straight after it was like **shoop** and the old shutters came up. Now Im just irritable and slagging myself off to myself.

S'ok, you dont need to say anything - right now, when Im in this frame of mind, I just tend to get irritable and have to wait for it to go. This part of me is a fuckwit.

I think that every part of everyone is beautiful. I only know how to love people one way and that is to say "I know we all have faults but I love you despite them". Maybe you should say this to yourself. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I forgot about Armaggedon! Jesus....the end is a cryfest! I can honestly say that one made me bawl a lil harder since my own dad was killed while working...but good movie none the less.

I just saw a movie last night with Campbell Scott and Jennifer Jason Leigh called The Love Letter. It was a freakin' Hallmark movie, but it still got me going at the end.

I am such a sap these days.

lol i saw that too im not supposed to see love movies cause i lost my bill but i couldnt resist i sobbed at thendtoo andy your not alone

Ok, I'm a bit of a book geek but Hugo's Les Miserables had me in tears (of sadness for the sorrowful ending but also joy having finished two huge volumes of the book). Also Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin (not to be read if you're on a downer).

Films and TV: I do get tearful at the smallest things but the most memorable event was when Helen from neighbours died... tragic!

Archived