Mental Health Forums

No Warning... No Explination....

RemmyHun

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummmm... is there anything you would like to talk about? I tend to ramble, so there are lots of times I have changed what I have written, but you always have such well though out writings, I hope nothing happened to upset you. If you need to post, feel free to. Hope you are doing ok!

Ummmm... is there anything you would like to talk about? I tend to ramble, so there are lots of times I have changed what I have written, but you always have such well though out writings, I hope nothing happened to upset you. If you need to post, feel free to. Hope you are doing ok!

yes it's a shame. it was refreshing to see your point of view.

I would love to lie and say it didn't bother me but it did. It irritated me they closed the other thread, but not to much because they closed it. I expected that. Was prepared for that. What irritated me was that I got neither warning nor message to explain why. Apparently putting the disclaimer (or warning if you will) that sensitive people shouldn't have read the thread was not enough. That I either pissed someone off or otherwise bothered them in a way that made them ask/demand/insist/request that thread be shut down.

I have little to no faith in humanity. I don't feel bad for the way I think because so many times I am reminded how insignificant I am to others. And that others care nothing for me which is why I tend not to care for others. I've tried to give more then I take, tried to be kind more then i am crude, tried to be considerate just because someone needs to start it somewhere. And almost everytime that lovely little phrase "no good deed goes unpunished" rears it's ugly head and I'm left to witness just how horrible the general populous really is.

Oh, don't get me wrong. There are good people, very good people in this world, and they are people I will go out of my way to accomidate or be nice to if for no other reason then to thank them. I admit, I do not have the strength or the desire to continue to shield my vulgarity, my sarcasm and my mockery from people. Afterall, if I am to be "punished" for the deeds I do, they mine-as-well be deeds "worth" punishment no? Plus, at least with my sarcasm and mocker and other generally "vulgar" tactics I get amusement and entertainment, were as being kind to the general populous only gets me grief. And again, this isn't always, and there are some that don't make me feel this way, but they are few in comparison and I grow tired of "eating it" with nothing to show but a level of my own misery.

When I was younger, I told myself that if I am not satisfied with my level of happiness, something needs to change. I've tried the other road, and I much prefer the one not paved. And I much prefer driving the tank lined with barbed wire and a fully stocked arsonal. Personal preference.

Sorry it took me so frickin long to reply! I did a really nice reply yesterday, but before it sent my internet died and wouldn't work until now!

Anyway... I'm sorry about your thread, that would upset anyone. Perhaps someone read it and didn't go beneath the surface to try to understand; maybe they didn't realize what a caring and wonderful person you are and just got bothered by what you wrote. I can relate to your feelings about no good deed goes unpunished and having little faith in humanity. Much of the time I feel the same, but I do try to stay semi positive and to have faith that one really good person is worth thousands of bad people, so perhaps there are enough really good people to balance out the bad in that way. I also sometimes feel like there isn't a point in trying to be a good person to everyone, always being kind and compassionate and helpful no matter how everyone else is behaving. But I do worry if I stop that then I am sinking to their level and in the end I am only hurting myself. I have some stressfull situations where I don't bother being nice since I have learned that it is too painful for me, but like you said there are still many really good people out there. Stay strong and keep your arsenal well stocked!

xxx

No worries about it taking a while for you to reply. And I think it had to do with that sarcastic and mocking reply I gave to -Miko- not to say he's the one that had it closed. After all, I did tell -gemmy97- I wouldn't change my font color, and they're a mini mod.

I don't believe one good person makes up for a thousand bad people. But I do believe the good people deserve to be treated well in return, and I do what I can to do that. But people, who start off cross, they deserve everything they get. Myself included when I do it. I'm not a what a caring and wonderful person in general, though I have the capacity. Anyway, they closed it, and I may never know why. I accept that.

:D Well sounds like you are feeling a little better, if not very cheerful! Lol. Don't worry about why they closed the thread. Like I said, it was probably someone who was just a little too judgmental and not very open minded that day. It wasn't anything you did, so try not feel too bad about it. You put the disclaimer on it, so you did what you could. Hmmm I suppose being a wonderful person possibly is an opinion, but I think that no matter how you may behave you have shown me that you are a wonderful and very compassionate person who has had to deal with many things that were unfair in your life. I liked your idea of karma. Are you religous at all?

Hmmm rereading my post, religous might not be the best word. Perhaps spiritual would be better as I consider myself a very spiritual person but not necessarily religious.

Hi , I can understand your frustration , and maybe even rejection you feel having your post pulled. i do agree with others above , you have a very good unique writing style. Your posts are original, strong and from the heart.

I do believe in democracy on the forum tho', and some may find your writing a little graphic.

My suggestion to you woulod be to keep a blog, and this would enable you to get your point accross about how you are feeling without being subject to such a level of censorship... i think. Well, i have seen blogs that are pretty much uncensored anyway. Just a thought,

Take care,

Anne Marie x

:D Well sounds like you are feeling a little better, if not very cheerful! Lol. Don't worry about why they closed the thread. Like I said, it was probably someone who was just a little too judgmental and not very open minded that day. It wasn't anything you did, so try not feel too bad about it. You put the disclaimer on it, so you did what you could. Hmmm I suppose being a wonderful person possibly is an opinion, but I think that no matter how you may behave you have shown me that you are a wonderful and very compassionate person who has had to deal with many things that were unfair in your life. I liked your idea of karma. Are you religous at all?

lol. Oh, I don't feel bad for anything I've said or done here. Why should I? Because I might have hurt someone's feelings? I did indeed put up a warning, and thus those who chose to ignore it should take responsibility for their ignorance. I just find it both amusing and irritating that they would close the thread without explination, as if to imply I am not deserving of what. Which in turn (to my understanding) goes very much against the basis of this board. Anyroad, it's of little matter now.

No, I am not a religious person at all, but I do have faith and I do believe in God. And in my opinion they're not one in the same. Religion I believe to be man's creation. As for being spiritual... not exactly, though you'd have to further define that word before I could say for sure.

Lol. Having faith in something besides yourself. You already answered it though. Yes I agree about religion being a man made institution, thats why I changed it to spiritual. You are right though spiritual is a kinda broad idea. Anyways thanks for replying, I was just curious since you always seem very self assured and at peace with how your life will turn out, yet you don't strike me as a religious follower. btw, the blog idea was intriguing, but I would miss getting to read your posts.

xxx

Hi , I can understand your frustration , and maybe even rejection you feel having your post pulled. i do agree with others above , you have a very good unique writing style. Your posts are original, strong and from the heart.

I do believe in democracy on the forum tho', and some may find your writing a little graphic.

My suggestion to you woulod be to keep a blog, and this would enable you to get your point accross about how you are feeling without being subject to such a level of censorship... i think. Well, i have seen blogs that are pretty much uncensored anyway. Just a thought,

Take care,

Anne Marie x

Oh I will not dispute that some of what I write is graphic, which is exactly why I warn in the subject line. Furthermore, anyone who's read even one of my threads should be well awares that I write with a darker depth and am fairly no holds barred. So even if the topic line warning is not enough, the fact I wrote it should be a secondary red flag if you will. No one forces anyone to read the threads. They read them by choice.

I suppose it seems to me that I shall be "punished" so to speak for my choice to share what's on my mind, so that others can be free in their choice to read it and "punish" me for it. If that makes sense. It is much like a property owner with a sign on his gate "Tresspasors will be shot", and when someone passes the gate anyway without permission, and is shot, that man is hunted down by their kin or friends etc. Was that person not warned already? How is it the property owners fault the person chose to walk past the gate anyway? Like I said previously. It doesn't much matter anymore. What's done is done. Despite the principal of the matter, apparently to those managing the board, or at least one... I am not worth such principals. Which I can live with. I cannot, and will not please everyone.

As for the blog idea... I do sort of have a blog, a few actully. The appeal to this board is feedback on my thoughts. Good or bad. Bad feedback usually makes me think (unless it's utterly useless feedback to which I reply with sarcasm and mockery) and good feedback also makes me think but in a different light. All in all, there are more dynamics and depth when one can "bounce" thoughts off of others. It broadens the focal point and allows expansion in thought process to consider or accomidate the other views.

Remmy, I just looked and found no thread started by you, as far back as October 23 of last year. I'm curious--what exactly are you talking about? Maybe if I knew I could help explain.

Lol. Having faith in something besides yourself. You already answered it though. Yes I agree about religion being a man made institution, thats why I changed it to spiritual. You are right though spiritual is a kinda broad idea. Anyways thanks for replying, I was just curious since you always seem very self assured and at peace with how your life will turn out, yet you don't strike me as a religious follower. btw, the blog idea was intriguing, but I would miss getting to read your posts.

xxx

I am self assured and at peace with how my life will come to be. For one, I rarely second guess myself. I apply logic and reason to almost everything I do, and then include instinct and impulse. My rules, though some would argue are too restricting, or mean i am too hard on myself, they allow me guidance and solidification on my actions. For example, RRoE # 23- Have secure convictions and you'll never regret anything you do. So as previously mentioned, once I go through my motions on a decision (Which can take as little as a second) I never look back. I'm secure in what I do. I accept what comes to me and I deal with it one stride at a time.

Remmy, I just looked and found no thread started by you, as far back as October 23 of last year. I'm curious--what exactly are you talking about? Maybe if I knew I could help explain.

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forum...showtopic=38182

That would be the one I started that was closed. And the one I've refered to in this thread. I have no idea why, as none said anything to me on that thread or through private message. And do not fret if you cannot explain.

i think applying logic and reason to things makes sense, and having rules to guide you, in a world open to so many possibilities it would make your head spin, when choosing what orange juice you have means thousands of possibilities and potential considerations, the sheer magnitude of the possibilities to do anything and the difficulties in choosing any road to take, for me rules seem good, structure, guidance, personally i dont see a problem with that. sorry that sentence seemed to go on forever :lol:

not sure why the thread got closed down personally, you did put a warning on it though i know that doesnt deter some people. i once put something up in creative corner with the disclaimer violent and triggering and yet someone still seemed to go in expecting fluffy bunnies.

xxx

Sorry I am being so nosy, but how many rules do you have that you follow? And what made you make them?

xxx

Do not worry about being nosy. I wouldn't post things on here if I didn't want people asking questions. If you ever ask one I don't want to answer I'll just say as much. I currently have 42 and they sort of came to be. Each one is a lesson learned, I simply applied numbers to them as reminders. They do not apply to everything, nor are all of them considered for one decision. Each rule applies to specific things and the rule is there to remind me not to make the same mistakes I've already made if I can help it. To move forward, not backward. People think rules and think restriction, and in a way that is true, but they only restrict me from those lessons already learned if you will. Or lessons I wish not to learn the hard way.

i think applying logic and reason to things makes sense, and having rules to guide you, in a world open to so many possibilities it would make your head spin, when choosing what orange juice you have means thousands of possibilities and potential considerations, the sheer magnitude of the possibilities to do anything and the difficulties in choosing any road to take, for me rules seem good, structure, guidance, personally i dont see a problem with that. sorry that sentence seemed to go on forever :lol:

not sure why the thread got closed down personally, you did put a warning on it though i know that doesnt deter some people. i once put something up in creative corner with the disclaimer violent and triggering and yet someone still seemed to go in expecting fluffy bunnies.

xxx

And that is exactly it Rael, structure and guidance. And I totally believe someone did that too. It baffles me really though, how dense someone can be. It is almost quite literally like they're looking for a reason to get upset. Trolling for a conflict. And then when they get it, they can't handle it, and they act as if I, or we, are the bad guys in some way. It's both very amusing and very annoying. Childish even.

Such is life.

I think that there is a lot of negativity in this post. The htread in question would only have been deleted if it was deemed, by admin, to be too upsetting or in breach of the rules. I had a thread deleted and I was upset about it but I got over it quickly as is just life. Sometimes people read threads (even with warnings) cos they are worried about the person NOT just because they have a natural gravitation to pain which is what you are suggesting. Also, I DON'T think it is right the land owner shoots the person who crosses the no entry sign. What if that person had an emergency and that was the only house around with someone in. By the time the land owner realised this the person in question would be dead. Is just arrogant.

I think that there is a lot of negativity in this post. The htread in question would only have been deleted if it was deemed, by admin, to be too upsetting or in breach of the rules. I had a thread deleted and I was upset about it but I got over it quickly as is just life. Sometimes people read threads (even with warnings) cos they are worried about the person NOT just because they have a natural gravitation to pain which is what you are suggesting. Also, I DON'T think it is right the land owner shoots the person who crosses the no entry sign. What if that person had an emergency and that was the only house around with someone in. By the time the land owner realised this the person in question would be dead. Is just arrogant.

Yes, there's a lot of negativity in this thread, but also a lot of positive if you care to see it. And this is MY view, but just as the thread being closed is a part of life, so too would be the person getting shot for entering the property despite warnings.

In reference to people reading a thread despite warnings because they're worried. I can agree with that. However someone reading the potentially triggering or otherwise not-for-the-sensitive material because their worried wouldn't likely ask to have the thread closed now would they? Just curious if you agree to that or not. And again, it's not the thread being closed that has been the topic of a few of my posts. It's the fact it was closed and I recieved no notice as to why, not on the thread, not via e-mail or PM.

Perhaps I am off, but I thought it common courtesy to inform the thread starter why their thread was closed if for no other reason then to aprise them of the situation as to not repeat it later.

I didn't get any notification of my thread being closed either. I feel this site has a lot to offer and agree to Josh' decision to close any thread he feels is in breach of the rules as is a small price to pay for such a valuable service. If you feel so strongly about it write to Josh and ask him why instead of moaning about it on here.

Quote from closed thread:

"Rem

P.S. I understand if I get booted for this. If I were the community I don't think I'd want me around either. lmao"

So you understand and perhaps even expect to get booted. But he powers-that-be stole your pinata, ie their reasoning for closing your thread. Now what do you have left that's hanging around waiting for you to hit it with a stick?

Keep laughing--sliding to the bottom of a slippery slope is bound to be exhilarating...and pointless. May as well enjoy it while it lasts.

I didn't get any notification of my thread being closed either. I feel this site has a lot to offer and agree to Josh' decision to close any thread he feels is in breach of the rules as is a small price to pay for such a valuable service. If you feel so strongly about it write to Josh and ask him why instead of moaning about it on here.

Like I said, something aren't worth the effort. Someone asked me what was on my mind, so I told them. If that's moaning. I'm guilty as charged!

Quote from closed thread:

"Rem

P.S. I understand if I get booted for this. If I were the community I don't think I'd want me around either. lmao"

So you understand and perhaps even expect to get booted. But he powers-that-be stole your pinata, ie their reasoning for closing your thread. Now what do you have left that's hanging around waiting for you to hit it with a stick?

Keep laughing--sliding to the bottom of a slippery slope is bound to be exhilarating...and pointless. May as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Ah, how lovely of you to join us. I knew it was only a matter of time before you finally decided to chime in. I was indeed prepared for the content of that thread to be something "the powers that be" wouldn't appreciate and in an attempt to prevent me from "contaminating" the people here, they might have closed my account and prevented me from posting. Correct. And yet, the thread went on for days, and there was actually good feed back on there and conversations by adults who either understand or relate. But i suppose my darling, that's not what they want here. Wait, correction, that is one of the benifits here, so long as there's no sarcasm, mockery, violence, and unnamed mental corruption involved. MmmHmm. Just tears of pain and agony, sorrow and despair. Self loathing and depression etc. But nothing of my nature is welcome here. Negitive. My kind if healing and dealing.

Oh, and BTW... there is always another "pinata" mon ami. And it's not always a stick to be wielded. And I shall laugh at whatever amuses me. Please, entertain me some more with your logic and reason.

Archived