Mental Health Forums

Yuk Fluoxetine

lostsoul

yuk. fluoxetine is feeling much worse today.

really bad heartburn kind of feeling and funny pains in my head, feelings of wooziness and other worldliness. yuk yuk yuk.

just freaking out a bit. i hate being on drugs. but i have to do this. it will pass right? right.

chill please....

I've been on mine for around 12 or 13 days now. I haven't been feeling very good with it. Very twitchy and irritable and angry. Also, bad nightmares, shaky and just generally feeling very nervous.

I went to see my Dr and she made me promise to try and stick it out for another couple of weeks, as she said the side effects take a while to wear off.

She gave me some diazapham to take at night to relax me, but I haven't really been taking them, as i don't like drugs either.

Hope you will ok soon, i'm sure it will pass.

xx

janey.

thank you so much for that - i am freaking right out. yesterday was fine. but then this morning soon after taking it my stomach is right out of sorts. im gonna go buy antacids and see if that helps, it really isnt very nice. its not helpful but i keep thinking, why me, why do i have to go through this, why do i have to be mental? but i know the answer to that, and, i know, its unhelpful...

i wish i wasnt alone today. i spend all my days alone now and usually i dont mind, but today, I MIND!

sorry you are still not feeling great on them - i hate it when docs say that shit. its so easy for them to say it; how would they feel if they had to actually do it?

anyway. hope the diazapam works. hope it all works! and thanks again...

im sure i would feel different about this if it was summer. i cannot wait for summer.

xx

No problem... am here for you any time, you are not alone. Hey, I'm from east London too, so you're defo not alone! :D

I seem to be having lots of pains and things at the moment too - try not to worry too much. Ride it if you can, and I reckon it will pass.

Same here about the "why me?" thoughts... it's such a pain in the bum!! But the bad feelings come and go in waves and sometimes things seem better (hopefully for you too).

The sun reappearing would make a huge difference to all of us - it kind of lifts your spirits doesn't it? Can't wait to sit outside and get some rays on me! Spring is nearly here!!

You take care now and speak again soon.

xx

wow yeah east london i never noticed in your profile... cool, well, shame actually, but hey, im glad of the company. wouldnt it be weird if we lived like, next door or something!!??

i am managing to eat crackers but thats all. i am finding this amusing. for some reason. i am crackers, and eating crackers. ok so its not split your sides laughing funny, but you get what u can...

thanks again - keep me updated on how u are doing? take care

xx

My neighbours are old farts, not bubbly and full of life like you, my friend.

Hee hee!! I've been eating nuts all morning - what does that make me then?

:D

As I just said in another post my Hubby takes prozac,

prozac and fluoxetine are the same, but fluz is cheaper, just for those who don't know...

anyway he has been on them for about 12 years and he no longer has side affects... :rolleyes:

Hi,

You may feel like crap for a couple of weeks until it gets in to your system. If the going gets really rough get in contact with your GP or if you can't get to speak to him/her then try NHS direct.

It might be an idea to make a note of the side efects that your are experiencing too.

Hope all goes well for you and you feel better soon,

Take care,

Love,

Magsie

have stuck with mine and am starting (i think) to lift a little.

Sorry you are feeling shitty Soul and hope it passes very quickly for you.

:bigarmhug[1]:

thanks janey

its just fucked up my stomach it hurts to swallow anything and im all gassy

this is the 2nd day i have not take any and it is easing but it still hurts im on like frikkin baby food

whats in those things?

xx

PHEWEEE!!!! :o

actually, i've been a bit blowy since i've been on them too! praps it is a side effect... reckon it'll wear off tho.

anyway prozac is nicknamed the "happy pill", so it MUST work... :P

yes the wind!!! thats why im stopping im just plugged up with the stuff. it hurts to eat and im burping constantly (sorry)

wind is an issue for me. apparently.

well well well

xx

My psychiatrist put me on Fluoxetine a few years ago, and it made me even WORSE! It was terrible. I didn't know where I was, or even who I was...

...and when I eventually came off it, I'd completely ruined my life. I'd been having fights with skin-heads and all manner of totally untypical things...

Since my last breakdown, I've been off all my meds. I've had the shakes for months... I've got to see somebody in a few weeks. I'm a bit anxious about it though. I dont know if I want to risk having another episode of being completely INSANE... :blink:

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have been on fluox for years. I didnt get many side affects but it did make me lose wieght. It made me feel a bit funny bt it passed really qickly then i just started to feel better. It has really worked for me and it. when you start feeling better you just gewt better and better the longer you take it. thats what i found anyway but i guess everyoneis different.

The problem i find is it kind of numbs my emotions a bit too much!!

Read your medication leaflet to find out what is normal. Consult doctor if worried!!

Viki x

hi,

i have been on fluoxetine for nearly 3 yrs, when i first started i felt awful, all sorts of side effects but i persevered and i now feel it is really good , the best one iv'e tried so far but i know we all react differently to meds. hope you all sort your's out. rosehip x

Archived