Mental Health Forums

Help? Dont Know What It Was.

CrippleAndStarfish

Okay, so after a horrible night on monday, i was round my mum's and there was someone from the mental health team called round as an emergency, who basically told my mum that i needed to be under supervision, and gave her a filled syringe with, from what i've gathered, 2 doses in, to be administered last night and then put safely for a safe desposal immediately. It was a sedative, they told me that much, but i dont know what it was, and i asked my worker about it this morning, but she said that she isn't aware of it, and so i dont know what it was, and my mum doesn't know, and i dont know how to find out.

What sedatives are administered through a syringe?

Does anyone here have any idea what it could have been?

As you can probably imagine, i'm getting so worried about having something in my system when i dont know what it is..

I can remember the woman saying something about what it had in it, but now i cant remember at all, and it's all so hazy and i haven't a clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Crip xx

I know that Haldol and Thorazine are available for injection! Those are the most commonly used ones here in the US. Im sorry to hear about your situtation! If there is anything more i can do for you please let me know.

Kelli

hey! thanks for such a rapid response! i'll go do some searching of symptoms and things, see what i can find out! thankyou! xxx

No problem! I dont know how they do things overseas but i do know medications here! LOL Been on many! If you have anything else just let me know

Kelli

Lorazepam and diazepam can be injected and they are sedatives- haloperidol is an antipsychotic.

My money would be on it either being lorazepam or diazepam.

Thanks again, guys.

I should be finding out tomorrow for certain what it was, but is it just me who thinks it's ridiculous that it's got to this point? I mean, why the hell wasn't i told straight away?! What the fuck is with that? Honestly. =|

Not a happy bunny with regards to meds and stuff.

And i really want to go to the pub, but it's snowing. :(

xxx

Edit: and i've just noticed that in my first post i spelt 'disposal' wrong. fekkit. Grr. i hate how bad i get with typos. xx

thorazine will make u stop dead in your tracks if it was that its a sedstive really strong for psychotic fits hugs xxxxxxxmy girlie

Archived