Mental Health Forums

Going To Aa

jades

last nights aa meeting went well a friend picked me up early and explained over coffe how i had thought i was too mentally ill for help was untrue as long as i could be honest with myself i felt better it was hard to walk in there were alot of new faces and te old ones all remembered me and welcomed me back i found a potential sponsor that i dont know well yet but she is nice and has good time in and i think cand really help i picked up my white chip to start ove rofficially and saw my old sponsor who had her new baby there and i actually stayed up past 5pm it was good to be around actual people again it went well and im happy i went although the thought of everday going is overwhelming but one day at a time as they say xxxxxxxxx

thanks fearie i cant bekiev they remembered me i was only there for 2 months but they are very welcoming and offered me rides and to sit with me if i need it ido believe i have a chance with them

yeah thanks daisy im taking the detox drugs so not too bad a little tired cause i got in late and woke up early and nervous about next meeting but doing well i met a woman i got to get to know thinking of asking her to be my sponsor

yeah thanks daisy im taking the detox drugs so not too bad a little tired cause i got in late and woke up early and nervous about next meeting but doing well i met a woman i got to get to know thinking of asking her to be my sponsor

thats good....you will need lots of support.Im here also when you wanna pm me.

xxx

i was reading in daily readings from aa how important each person in aa is and how no matter what background u come from u can learn somehting from them and it made me think of us i mean its easier here cause i dont see u and think oh shes old or oh she looks strange you know what i mean but its true and i think aboutin the short time ive been here how much gratitude i have for all yall anyonre else think of that like do?

Its definatley nice to have a place to come to and post if your feeling down and ive had so much and advice from people that im touched by it...so yeah i think the same.I learn a lot by coming on here

xxx

rofl i love it thats worht a twenty i owe u lol

20???????????You must be joking...theres like 10 arses dancing up there!!!at least 50 jade...you can work it off in hugs

xxx

Hullo Jades

I agree with walker - its like lately a strength has come over you, it feels like this is 'your time' - the start of real change. The most important thing is that you are taking control of your own recovery. You are doing what you came into the world doing - kicking and screaming and not caring if anyone doesnt like it!

Seriosuly though, you are going about this exactly the right way. The AA groups are recommended as a great part of an overal recovery programme, and they fit in with the 'inner child' type therapies that seem to be so effective for personality related struggles. AA is esentially group therapy, and a very good one at that. As you say simply being around people is nice, it starts to make you realise you are human, it takes away the shame that has built up inside.

You have started to break the bonds that have tied you so far by confrotning mum. You have started to stretch out a hand to heal by going to AA. This is the start of a journey of finding and holding on to the real you, and to finding all those lovely emotions that so far may have been alien to you.

I think that AA is the start of your recovery, it will help you remove the block of alcohol dependence, and in the long term what will really supercharge things will be to find a compassionate, healing therapist who will work on the deeper things with you and help you heal your own 'Little Jades'. You have come out fighting for her, you are protecting her - but she may well have a lot of untouched pain and grief that needs to come out before she can be fully happy to come and play in the sunshine.

Hullo Jades

I agree with walker - its like lately a strength has come over you, it feels like this is 'your time' - the start of real change. The most important thing is that you are taking control of your own recovery. You are doing what you came into the world doing - kicking and screaming and not caring if anyone doesnt like it!

Seriosuly though, you are going about this exactly the right way. The AA groups are recommended as a great part of an overal recovery programme, and they fit in with the 'inner child' type therapies that seem to be so effective for personality related struggles. AA is esentially group therapy, and a very good one at that. As you say simply being around people is nice, it starts to make you realise you are human, it takes away the shame that has built up inside.

You have started to break the bonds that have tied you so far by confrotning mum. You have started to stretch out a hand to heal by going to AA. This is the start of a journey of finding and holding on to the real you, and to finding all those lovely emotions that so far may have been alien to you.

I think that AA is the start of your recovery, it will help you remove the block of alcohol dependence, and in the long term what will really supercharge things will be to find a compassionate, healing therapist who will work on the deeper things with you and help you heal your own 'Little Jades'. You have come out fighting for her, you are protecting her - but she may well have a lot of untouched pain and grief that needs to come out before she can be fully happy to come and play in the sunshine.

you have a relly nice way of describing things which is nice to read.I agree...jade you are fighting strong!

thanks for pm hmmmmm

x

Archived