Mental Health Forums

Need Advice

jades

im going to an aa meeting today in witch i have to talk about myself and why i cant drink anymore i dont want to share about my mh but i was thinking of just saying that when i drink i try to kill myself and i cut would that be too shocking or is it ok cause i want to be honest enough that people help me but not scare them away ? i could use dome input im a bit panicked over it thanks

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• daisy duck

• jades

Maybe you could say exactly what you wrote above, that you don't want to shock anyone but when you drink alcohol you ... blah ..... blah..... and that is why you are attending the meeting for support.

I am sure others will 'feel' for you rather than be scared away.

Good Luck with it.

im going to an aa meeting today in witch i have to talk about myself and why i cant drink anymore i dont want to share about my mh but i was thinking of just saying that when i drink i try to kill myself and i cut would that be too shocking or is it ok cause i want to be honest enough that people help me but not scare them away ? i could use dome input im a bit panicked over it thanks

just sent you a pm about it

xxxx

I hope I'm not too late, but you could say that alcohol triggers self destructive behaviour then you are saying it but not syaing it. Perhaps that it lowers your inhibitions making it easier for you to fall into destructive behaviour. ????? xxx

And Daisy-girl - wwwoooooo hhhhooooooo!!!!!! xxxxx

Thanks rael!

Hi jades ....didnt end up goin out ...stayed in...phone off and in my room.Just come out now to get somethin to eat.How you??

xxxx

good it went well i got as ponsor eve n she knows my diagnosis annd is ok with it and we meet monday she has a=stage 4 cancer and still doesnt drink im impressed

good it went well i got as ponsor eve n she knows my diagnosis annd is ok with it and we meet monday she has a=stage 4 cancer and still doesnt drink im impressed

glad its goin well..your doin good girl!

xxxx

thanks girly how r u?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

not good tonight....dont worry tho cos i'll be ok.thought i would go out but i didnt want to in the end.

hows things goin with your online bf????

xxxx

Hi jades,

If you don't feel like sharing that aspect of yourself you could say that alcohol causes you to do and say things causes you to be someone you don't like and you are having trouble controlling your alcohol intake?

that way you are telling them a vague over all reason without going into detail, but if you do tell them that you sh when drinking i don't think it would be any shocking then someone who drinks and drives home... if they crash they are puting themselves in harms way. you shouldn't be judged at an AA meeting, that's not what it's for, it's for support but I'm sure you don't have to say anything you don't want to, just say that it's a private matter and you don't feel comfortable discussing it.

the main reason it you want to stop drinking and are having trouble, that should be enough for them...

good luck!

thanks broken doll i got thru itok and i got a sponsor who i told it all to and sh understands she is very good and has depression so sympathetic but i hate detoxing and hate going to aa still but sureif i make more friends thatll chenge but just having rough time right now shaking is embarassing

i am having a really really rough time and it is way too early to call my sponsor anyone out there can help? thanks

i am having a really really rough time and it is way too early to call my sponsor anyone out there can help? thanks

Hiii Jadey poople

It sounds like you are having a bit of a crisis knowing what to do :( Is it still what to say at the meeting? As I read the first post you made, I felt like I wanted to give you a hug, and that feeling suicidal and drinking seemed like totally understandable thing. The times I have SH'd and been really close to suicide is when I have been drinking, and I can almost guarantee that others at your group will have done the same.

The problem is the old demon shame - the thing that drove you to the booze and feelings of wanting to die in the first place :( And now it keep you from wanting to talk about what truly, truly hurts you. It makes sense that you dont want to say it all right away, but mabbe you can say something like "I feel terrible about myself and the only thing that works, even for a moment, is to have a drink, but sometimes it makes me think about suicide even more and that scares me too, what I could do to myself one day. I dont want that, I want to be happy".

i told them now im having a hard time staying away from a drink help thanks

Ohh okies

How did you feel when you told them? Are you having little memories of saying it come back, along with that horrid panic and "ohmigod why did i tell them" and feelings that they might have thought badly of you?

Huggle

not really i just have the omg i cant do this im too weak thing going and my mind is going crazy and cant focus had to take a valium for shakes it wass so bad and now i thinkit set me off i cant call anyone its way too early i need help please

Archived