• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• daisy duck

• jades

on rossies thread that invisable coment u diappeared after so i was worried i sounded like a bitch worried all night glad ur not mad

ok so i couldnt take it i thought im gonna kill myself with these pills i am so i called my sponsor no answer so i called her sponsor and i caught her right before she went into church and she helped me pray and had meflush my seraquel down the damn toilet goodbye seraquel sigh shes calling me back when she gets out of church im so upset, i had to tell on myself im gona end up dead

well i guess i will care for you and you for me then

as neither seem to take care of ourselves

i am proud of what you are doing

you are working hard

you cant do it all in one go

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks roses and walker the aa hotline has started calling nonstop now i have to check in every 15 mins till someone gets here and i got invoted to the superbowl party with the cute guy wow im impressed this is alot of support im alittle overwhelmed

thanks roses and walker the aa hotline has started calling nonstop now i have to check in every 15 mins till someone gets here and i got invoted to the superbowl party with the cute guy wow im impressed this is alot of support im alittle overwhelmed

Hi Jades

I agree with Walker - it certaonly is hard what you are doing, coping without the meds and so on. But you are showing your strength in many ways, like being able to stand up for yourself, which is awesome.

Everyone there will be probably be nervous as you are. I think be honest; you may feel relieved to have it there in the open. That's what is great about talking to people you don't know.

Hope it goes well for you, hun.

x

thanks rossie i feel so silly having to be babysitted all day and night today im glad yall are there im not quite comfortable with my aa friends yet but i have to do what i have to do right? the superbowl party makes me anxious alot of popular people are going and im a loser :( and new

thanks rossie i feel so silly having to be babysitted all day and night today im glad yall are there im not quite comfortable with my aa friends yet but i have to do what i have to do right? the superbowl party makes me anxious alot of popular people are going and im a loser :( and new

Remember - you dont have to be completely independent, or completely dependent - the aim is something in the middle, interdependence. You are learning to find that middle ground, because even though you need people a lot at the moment, with time you internalise the support they give and can go longer inbetween 'top ups'.

Its a drawback to a forum people cant always be around, but I think the good thing here is that people come and go all day so there is always someone to chat to a bit :)

Perhaps a DBT thing would help you here? You dont have to like where you are now, and what you are feeling is painful - but it IS where you are and you are working towards getting better. Its a type of distress tolerance skill called Mindfulness Meditation which may be really helpie for those times when folks are not around, and it will help with any shame you might feel for needing to rely on others. There are a number of users here that do DBT and mindfulness / distress tolerance, mabbe you can ask around and see what they come up with? It does wonders for your self esteem if you learn them, because it gives you a greater feeling that you are able to cope and so in fact makes you even less likely to want to raid the cupboard :)

you are doing great hun and im really pleased you got asked to the superbowl party. i know it will be scary with all those people there but they wouldnt ask you if they didnt want you there so i know you'll fit in great.

the dbt sounds like a great idea and will give you things to concentrate on when you feel an urge coming on. nothing wrong with needing/wanting people around you to help we all need people around us and im glad they are supporting you so much.

xxx

theyre always asking me how far would u go to get sober ? well i walked to a meeting but the meeting wasnt there so i started hallucinating and had to go to the police station and got questioned forever put on a crazy lis and taken home id say thats prettty damn far enough !!!!!

theyre always asking me how far would u go to get sober ? well i walked to a meeting but the meeting wasnt there so i started hallucinating and had to go to the police station and got questioned forever put on a crazy lis and taken home id say thats prettty damn far enough !!!!!

your doing so well and taking huge steps so be proud of yourself

xxxxxx

thanks daisy makes me want to tell it in a meeting think is should ?

i think you should be open about it and not feel ashamed.you got through it jade.

if you wanna share it you should

xxxxxxxx

i want to but am scare of speaking up more than i am of speaking about hallucinations i feal panicked when the spotlight is on mr i just talked to my old sponsor and she wants me t see my gp to get checkd out monday too

Archived