Mental Health Forums

25 Things....

Nina of the Light

1. My name is Michelle everyone calls me shell

2. i live in ireland in Co.Mayo and i love it cause i beside the sea which i found to have a calming effect on me

3. i have PTSD from a crash i was in, in april 2007 i still suffer nightmares and fear driving ever since

4. i have BPD, severe depression and have a eating disoder all of which im on medication for

5. i have fallen in love 2 in my life first with my ex who i still love to some extent and currently to my new bf

6. im grateful to have such a loving bf who spoils me rotten and is treating me like a princess and restoring my faith in men

7. my father is a alcoholic

8. i hate my father ever since the day he told me to jump of the local cliffs and kill myself he stopped been my dad that day

9. i love been around children they make me happy and i am really good at working with them i have a certicficate in special needs and childcare

10. i love my mother and brother but at time i feel they dont understand me and my illnesses

11. i have some very good friends but only 1 who i can really talk to and let know how im doing who has been here for me thru thick and thin

12. i find it very hard to trust people and have a huge fear everyone is lying to me

13. i have been severly hurt by many people throughout my life

14. i was bullied in school in my old job and currently in my job i feel i have sign on me saying pick on me

15. i have 3 brother and one of them lives in australia

16. im going to australia in sept on holidays with my mum to visit my brother i cant wait im all excited

17. i have my own car which is my pride and joy

18. i have a turtle called myrtle tilly who stinks and should be called stinky pot

19. i am overweight but im working on that in a healthy way

20. im going to florida with my bf in the summer and i cant wait

21. i was out last nite and am kinda hungover today -_-

22. i love teddys they make me feel safe and happy

23. it my birthday soon and im having a party anyone wanna come?? all welcome :rolleyes:

24. i dont trust men cause i think there all gonna be like my father and it scares me

25. i hate myself but im now trying to learn to love myself and some day i hope to be a better parent to my children then mine were to me

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i did it that took ages to come up :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last one was kinda down so I'm gonna try again with more positive things. I encourage everyone to try to do this as well.

1. I am loved unconditionally by the man in my life.

2. I am a great writer.

3. I have zero sense of style... Tshirts and jeans all the way baby!!! LOL

4. I met my best friend on this site and she is my heart and will probly never know what she means to me.

5. I have a circle of friends called the Sisters and we will all be together until we die.

6. I have two fabulous kids.

7. My Christmas tree is still up. lol.... I'm a nerd

8. I have the most annoying laugh.

9. I love passionately and deeply.

10. I have a miniature toe that I sometimes think is magic. Just kidding.... I have a little toe but I don't think it's magic.

11. I have very large breasts. :)

12. I love cheese more than anything else in the world.

13. I'm obsessed with the show LOST.

14. Like Rael, I'm completely and utterly fascinated and obsessed with serial killers.

15. I have big dreams and goals.

16. I used to play softball until some bitch hit a line drive into my right knee.

17. I've never been beaten up, but have punched some chick in the face.

18. I could live on macaroni and cheese only.

19. I love to read and research mental illness/health.

20. I want to be a published author and have a PhD someday.

21. I have a kitty named Lucy who is rather finicky.

22. I have the cutest dimples in the world.

23. I have very dark, almost black eyes which I've been told are mysterious and seductive. :::blush:::

24. Music lives in my soul.

25. I love sappy love stories and collect them on DVD's.

WHEW..... DONE!!!

Great thread...ive learned loads about everyone...my turn!

1.I have suffered with depression for about 9 years.

2.I self harm to relieve myself of guilt and anger i sometimes feel.

3.I care a lot about my family...they come first.

4.When im in love i give it my all.This sometimes makes me out to be a fool...ive loved twice.

5.i sing

6.i write songs/poems...its my big passion and my escape.

7.I am surrounded by people yet im so lonely at times.

8.I have 3 beautiful neices who without them existing...i wouldnt.

9.I was raped when i was 16

10.I don't know what i want from life.

11.I have a good job which im good at.

12.I love animals

13.I have never smoked or taken drugs in my life.

14.I try not to drink as i become a different person.

15.the last time i thought about ending my life was last thursday.

16.Despite evrything i realise i am very lucky.

17.I love food

18.Im very moody at times.

19.I like to watch films

20.i have an odsession with dresses and have at least 60!in every colour!

21.Sometimes i lose the plot.

22.I love Micheal mccintyre..he is soooooooo funny :lol:

23.I would like kids and marrige but only when it feels right.

24.I give my all and never recieve it back.

25.Im shy.

xxxxx

Ok, here goes before I chicken out.

1) I'm 35 and diagnosed with BPD and psychosis

2) I live with my cat whom I alternately love and hate, not that he gives a f*ck as long as I feed him.

3) My dad has cancer and he's the only relative I still have contact with. I'm scared that if he dies I'll have no reason to limit my behaviour.

4) I haven't cut since last summer!

5) I was adopted at 12 weeks old and when I traced my birth mum she refused to speak to me.

6) My great grandad died by taking rat poison and two other great great relatives chucked themselves in the canal.

7) I'm a night owl and always have been. I miss watching repeats of Prisoner Cellblock H at 1am.

8) I weigh over 20 stone but often forget and bump into furniture.

9) I love train journeys. If it wasn't so expensive I'd travel all the time.

10)I hate sex, but used to have drunken one night stands with men all the time. I haven't slept with anyone since I was 26.

11)Apart from last year when I got very drunk and slept with a woman who I'd been in group therapy with.

12)My adoptive mother abused me in every way possible until I was 12, after which she just ignored me.

13)I love reality tv, even though I know it is responsible for the dumbing down of television.

14)Sometimes I think my mental illness is a figment of my overactive imagination.

15)I've lived in my flat for 8 years and opened the front door to people less than ten times during that period.

16)Sometimes I find myself bullying people I think are weaker than me and I hate myself for it.

17)I'm an expert at putting on a mask.

18)When my doc told me my problems were chronic I was relieved, because it took the pressure off me feeling I should try and get better all the time.

19)I haven't worked for 16 months and don't ever want to work again.

20)Sometimes I put a coat and hat on to wear to the supermarket, to disguise the fact that I haven't washed my hair for weeks and couldn't find my bra.

21)When people ask me "What do you do?" I have to resist the urge to laugh manically and say "I see dead people".

22)I've never learnt how to put on makeup properly or do my nails.

23)I think therapy can make some of us worse. Meds work for me.

24)I go shopping everyday. Not just when I feel manic. I think it's becoming an addiction.

25)Despite many of the above I feel calmer and more stable than I have in several years.

Positive things about me..Hmmmmm.. I'll try...

1. Once you get to know me, I'm a really caring person.

2. I'm good at fixing things

3. I can be funny when I want to be

4. I have a contagious smile and a very distinct laugh

5. I collect a lot of self help books

6. I love to do collages

7. I've helped many people and animals in my life

8. Someday I want to get my life story published

9 I live in my sweats this time of year

10. I like everything from hip hop and r&b to opera and in between

11.I believe my tv turns on and off by itself once in awhile because my mother is here in spirit and does it to let me know she is around.

12. I have 30 pairs of shoes

13. I had straight As my senior year of high school and throughout my first semester in college

14. I love to read and research mental health too! :)

15. I can read people pretty good and spot a liar

16. I have good spatial perception

17. I have my assistant childcare teaching certification and used to work with preschoolers

18. I enjoy remote control cars and planes

19. I write really well

20. I love to cook and bake for my boyfriend and I"m pretty good in the kitchen

21. I have a really good relationship with my boyfriend

22.I like anime

23. I like to make signatures

24. I have a tattoo that has the theatre masks, a cross in the middle of them and below that it says, "Hope, I'm living proof." Its inspirational and keeps me going every time I look at it.

25.I'm a tomboy by nature.

Wow, I did it!

Positive things about me..Hmmmmm.. I'll try...

1. Once you get to know me, I'm a really caring person.

2. I'm good at fixing things

3. I can be funny when I want to be

4. I have a contagious smile and a very distinct laugh

5. I collect a lot of self help books

6. I love to do collages

7. I've helped many people and animals in my life

8. Someday I want to get my life story published

9 I live in my sweats this time of year

10. I like everything from hip hop and r&b to opera and in between

11.I believe my tv turns on and off by itself once in awhile because my mother is here in spirit and does it to let me know she is around.

12. I have 30 pairs of shoes

13. I had straight As my senior year of high school and throughout my first semester in college

14. I love to read and research mental health too! :)

15. I can read people pretty good and spot a liar

16. I have good spatial perception

17. I have my assistant childcare teaching certification and used to work with preschoolers

18. I enjoy remote control cars and planes

19. I write really well

20. I love to cook and bake for my boyfriend and I"m pretty good in the kitchen

21. I have a really good relationship with my boyfriend

22.I like anime

23. I like to make signatures

24. I have a tattoo that has the theatre masks, a cross in the middle of them and below that it says, "Hope, I'm living proof." Its inspirational and keeps me going every time I look at it.

25.I'm a tomboy by nature.

Wow, I did it!

I also collect self help books!

T

Okay, Nina, you've raised the bar, so now here I go. Positive things, positive things...

1. I have been extraordinarily lucky in love throughout my adulthood
  2. I made it through college on my own, with no help from anyone, and paid off all my college loans
  3. I moved to New York City without having any idea what I'd be doing and made a career for myself there
  4. I wrote a novel when I was 15
  5. I drew comics every day of my life from the time I was 10 to the time I went to art school
  6. I found myself artistically and, good or bad, I paint like no one else anywhere
  7. My fiancée bought me a GPS this Christmas and don't tell her, but I think I have fallen in love with it
  8. I used to shred on guitar and, if I can find the time to get my chops back, I will shred again
  9. I am a sucker for romantic comedies; I think I was one of the five people who actually saw and liked Made of Honor
  10. I have been told I am a wonderful lover
  11. My favorite color is black because it is the one color you can do anything with no matter what
  12. I know far too much about the Beatles than is healthy
  13. I used to think I was smart, but am now old enough to know better
  14. I have an uncanny gift for making technology work. I don't understand it, but it does come in handy
  15. I single handedly converted the publishing company I worked for at the time from wax and X-acto paste-up to the Mac. Got a bonus for it too
  16. I'm very helpful around the house (I really like to vacuum)
  17. I have been able to repair a very strained relationship with my sister and now love her to pieces
  18. I have been able to put up with my brother's religious fundamentalism successfully for enough years now to have earned some sort of medal or kind remark in the press
  19. I was the chairman of a municipal conservation board (the voice of the environment for the town)
  20. I was a cub scout/boy scout leader for eight years
  21. My divorce knocked me down on my back, but I have picked myself up and am now on my feet, swinging away
  22. I really like Star Trek and Star Wars and am not ashamed to say it
  23. My time living in New York City was one of the happiest periods of my life
  24. Every morning I wake up with a beautiful woman lying next to me
  25. Every night I go to sleep with that same beautiful woman in my arms

ok positive is a challangefor me

1 i like a challang

2 i am strong

3 iam brave

4 i rode in a police car completely sober yesterday

5 im very smart

6 i communicate well

7 i pay well with others

8 imade the olympic pretrials for gymnastic

9 i was a top gymnastic coach on the east coast for awhile

10 i give good advice

11 im honest

12 i have a great talent for horses

13 im really good at drums

14 i was one of the onl girls to coach mens gymnastics

15 i love hard

16 im punctual

17 i can empathise easily

18 i ran a marathon

19 i stand out ina a crowd

20 i have a good sense of humor

21 i believe in god

22 i always help strangers

23 i took ballet for 15 yars

24 i gave my fiance the good life he deserved

25 i decided to quit drinking and go to aa to save my life

that was harder than i thought

im liking this

1. I am very caring

2. I am intelligent even tho i dont use it to my advatage at times

3. I adore cats and my cats are my babies and i love them

4. I have been in love twice in my life once with an ex and now with my beautiful girl

5. Did I mention I am in love with my gf? :lol:

6. I have some amazing friends

7. I am repairing a strained relationship with my mum

8. My sister is amazing

9. I have times when i can really love myself

10. I used to play tennis for my county

11. I love sport

12. I want to get healthy and play sports again

13. I play the guitar piano and harp

14. I am planning my life abroad with my gf who i know i keep mentioning but she is beautiful!

15. I am grateful for my flat

16. I really like my eyes

17. I am popular amongst men and women

18. I have beaten my opiate addiction

19. I will get healthy

20. I am pretty chilled out so much so im pretty much lazy :D

21. I hate housework and will do anythjing to avoid it

22. I am pretty much attached to my computer it goes everywhere

23, In school I was one of the top pupils

24. I love learning

25. I have fallen in love hard this time and its for keeps

Ok I too am going to rise to the challenge, my last one wasnt so positive. so here goes...

1..My real name is double barrelled and so is my mums

2..One of my nicknames is Boo, and I was known as Boo when I was hairdressing. Gets some very varied and interesting responses when people ask your name.

3..My boyfriend and I have our own tree and has a carving "Boo <3 Sid" which is still there after a year

4..A few months ago I bleached my hair 5 times in 3 days to go blonde, just to dye it back to black and red a week later

5..I like it when it rains

6..I have two best friends that I have yet to meet in person. Crip and Jinx, ILY lots xx

7..October 11th 2007 I saw Incubus live at the BIC and I would give anything to relive that night

8..Right now I would do anything for a spring roll with special pork chowmein and barbeque sauce. This is a regular occurrence.

9..I believe in fairies

10..My fantasy world consists of frozen raindrops on black roses with gothic fairies and cutesy baby dragons

11..Embarrassing fact #1: The first cd I bought was the Spice Girls

12..Embarrassing fact #2: I cried when S club 7 split.

13..I sometimes wish I'd have grown up in the 80s

14..I am obsessed with anything eeyore. especially my eeyore slippers and bedsocks

15..I have been known to spend a whole week in pyjamas; Shower, pjs, shower pjs, etc..

16..I have an addiction to chocolate spread, cashew nuts and homous...I honestly cant go without it

17..I get extremely irritated by "warm bread" from the toaster. It has to be atleast golden

18..I am struggling to think of good things about myself now (if you can't already guess)

19..I am a game freak. I love hack n slash, rpg/mmorpgs (roleplay), action. especially halo, baldurs gate, god of war and World of warcraft

20..I cannot delete my inboxes and outboxes on my email or phone without reading everything first

21..I have a beautiful dog called Bella. She is a golden labrador. Up until when we had her I was terrified of dogs. Bella is the only dog I can go near. She looks after me when Im not doing good, makes me giggle and always knows when somethings up.

22..I have found my prince. hes my best friend and makes me feel like a princess. we can tease eachother at the same time as looking after eachother. we finish eachothers sentences. He's the best boyfriend I could have asked for.

23..I didnt attend school for the last two years. but still managed 2 A*s and 2 As, on my gcse coursework. I came out of my final exams with 2 Cs and 2 Ds

24..I will only eat porridge if my nan has made it

25..I put myself out for someone I love and give more than I get back sometimes., I love to make them silly pictures and poems and always end up spending money on random gifts without there being a special occasion. I am currently working on an A3 size dragon cross stitich for my boyfriend

ahhh i did it =)

nice on Nina, Ive learnt loads bout people

xx

1. I gave up on diagnosises because I have been misdiagnosed a lot. And I think the symptoms are more important than the term for it anyway.

2. I am 20, engaged, and have a baby on the way.

3. I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember (aka before four years old).

4. I think dialectic behavior therapy should to offered to everyone, metally ill or not.

5. In fact, I hope my kids can learn it.

6. I am also obsessed with serial killers.

7. I am homicidal, sadistic, and cannibalistic, but no one believes me.

8. I know everything about myself (really), but no one believes me.

9. I don't lie or steal, but no one believes me.

10. I have a really bad temper.

11. I really hate when people make assumptions about me.

12. Sometimes, people don't make sense. Like, I can understand the individual words, but the way they're put together is incoherent.

13. Or sometimes they're just illogical.

14. I'm an otherkin.

15. That does not make me special and I don't understand why people associate that with special.

16. I have accomplished by 20 what took my dad about 50 years.

17. My dad emotionally, mentally, and sometimes physically abused me.

18. I took after my dad.

19. I am emotionally and mentally strong, but no one believes me.

20. I just don't deal with abuse or abandonment very well.

21. I can deal with and understand other people's emotional distress. Mine as well now too.

22. I have a good memory.

23. I have never done hard drugs, pot doesn't so anything for me, I don't smoke, and I'm a cheap drunk. I don't do any of that now that I'm pregnant.

24. I have a really great fiance/husband.

25. I am obsessed with power.

argh this is hard ok

1. i adore my cat Lucy and she loves me too

2. i value my principles and will stick up for them even when no one else believes in them

3. i will protect my friends with my life

4. i try to help people

5. ive been told i write well

6. ive been told i draw and paint well

7. i love learning new things and will research anything i dont know

8. i like researching things for other people

9. i have a very high IQ and although it has caused me much pain i wouldnt change it

10. i have a degree in psychology and love studying, when i can afford to i will do more

11. i love reading

12. i love music, it is my life and soul

13. i collect vinyl records from certain musicians

14. i try my hardest at anything i do

15. my favourite colours are purple first, then black

16. i adore dragons, draw watch and collect anything to do with them

17. i love CSI, Criminal Minds, QI

18. i find things funny that make others want to throw up (ie in movies), i like the looks i get because they cant believe it

19. i have pretty much not had an alcoholic drink for a very long time, few slips ups but is ok

20. i love animals and am a vegan

21. my eyes change colour depending what mood im in

22. im interested in anything magical/fantasy/a bit odd

23. apparently i am quite odd

24. i read textbooks for fun

25. i like the fact that i put some of these in the original one i did and its nice to realize there were some positive ones in there :)

xxx

Psh. duh. I would visit you in a mental hospital. But, you would have to lie and say I was a 'close family relative known for years and years-very close!!'. And, I would drag Sah along too. DUH!

1. I am absolutely completely obsessed with cats. They are so cute, they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Really .I love them.

2. I love John Mayer right now, and kind of have been listening to the Who too...

3. I turn 21 on February 10th! Woohoo!

4. I thought about getting rid of all of my books on BPD, but didn't. Somehow I think I might need them.

5. I want to buy a black Subaru--with a moon roof and a sweet sound system to drive through the country in on sunny days. Ahhh.

6. I used to be on a whole butt load of antidepressants, but thank god none of them worked (!??) and now i am med free. Except for TEA and CHOCOLATE!

7. I still want to go to Las Vegas and party it up with Nina and Sah.

8. I got a haircut recently, it turned out nicely! Shorter for spring! Very nice.

9. I love the city I live in. It is nice and has cool perks.

10. I wish I lived in Southern California though, by Los Angeles or even Monterey or Oceanside or Reseda or Hollywood. Somewhere down there fascinating. Really. I think I want to move down there when I get my masters and work as a social worker in child welfare....

11. I plan my life out way too much. I knew I wanted to be a social worker when I was a sophomore in high school and still stand by my dreams 110%.

12. I am in college right now.

13. I love peanut butter. It tastes so good.

14. There is a boy I like. But, I am afraid to ask him on a date. It makes me nervous.

15. I want love more than anything in life right now. The one thing in life I want is love. Love for myself to forgive myself for my suicide attempt and love for others as in a relationship. Share the love with someone else, share my life with someone else. Happiness like that.

16. Did I mention how much I LOVE JOHN MAYER RIGHT NOW? HIS MUSIC SOOTHES ME. PERIOD.

17. I love my job. I work at a treatment center for children and adolescents. Its like a dream come true that I was hired there. Still.

18. I tried to abstain from cussing for a class project, but failed miserably. I feel like giving up, I cuss so much.

19. I love baking and cooking new recipes, as long as the end product tastes good.

20. I have been in therapy since I was 14. I will be 21 soon.

21. I grew up verbally abused and physically abused by my dad.

22. I grew up with a mom who never gave real hugs. It sucked.

23. I have a burning desire to help others because it feels good. Hence the social work major at univeristy.

24. I used to be a barista.

25. I love Lake Tahoe because it is relaxing and beautiful to look at. I kind of want to move up to Lake Tahoe too.

VRQ.

OF course i'd say you were family. lol...

and don't get rid of your books... send them to me and i'll hold onto them for you. you will need them in the future.

and I LOVE john mayer too. he sings to me. lalalalalalala.

loving you dear,

Nina

Positive things...hmm

1 I can multitask.

2 I can type 64 words per minute.

3 I always give to the needy even if it's one of my last dollars, or bit of change.

4 I can change my own oil, brakes, and spark plugs.

5 I'm good with a computer.

6 I'm a good speller.

7 I know cpr and first aid and used it to save someones life once in an eatery.

8 I'm a good driver.

9 I'm extremely punctual.

10 I'm an excellent swimmer.

all I can think of right now -_-

25 good things about life. or whatever.

25. someday this will all be over.

24. -1 * -1 = 1 . WTF??

23. square root of -1 is I. yes. it does.

22. just smile and say what they want.

21. and everything will be ok.

20. you do not need

19. to understand

18. what you believe

17. am i missing the point?

1 - I am Called Vasquez.

2 - Yes i am 100% English and yes, it is my real name thank you very much!

3 - I was diagnosed with depression when i was 3, got over it. Then again when i was 14 cuz of bullying

4 - why? Because my big brother died

5 - I wish i had died of cancer and not him

6 - Im completely head over heels in love with Alexander Howard =]

7 - I have fantasy's about killing people

8 - I have a blood fetish

9 - I like to drink booze, specially Rum and Whiskey

10 - I've smoked weed before and loved it

11 - I love breaking into abandoned factory's, they are so spooky ^^

12 - I love everything about Alice in Wonderland, but no-one knows this

13 - I love Trivium, im a very devoted fan, even when their albumn The Crusade sucked huge hairy balls

14 - I'm physic, and i found this out when i did a seance 2 years ago. It scared me so much i havnt done one since.

15 - I hate needles so much i have nightmares about them

16 - I very much want to have a baby, but the idea of having a child terrifies me to the point if i got pregnant i would kill myself

17 - Im learning to drive soon, so watch out!!!

18 - I love snow and rain, its so romantic

19 - I constantly worried about Alex cheating on me again

20 - I fantasize about commiting suicide, all different ways, all different places...

21 - I love to draw and paint

22 - I love opera and AMY LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 - I wish i could afford singing lessons to learn operatics =(

24 - Im Bi-sexal and damn proud of it hanky ou very much society

25 - I love everything to do with HALLOWEEN. Best time of year...ever

Hummm, people have all posted so many sad things in these posts...that's not a criticism of anyone, just makes me feel bad for you all. So I'm going to try to post positive or at least neutral things.

1. I grew up in Aberdeenshire in Scotland.

2. But don't really have an accent any more.

3. I have white-blonde hair (entirely unnatural).

4. It took me 5 years to get my hair to this colour, cos I dyed it black before...

5. If I'd just gone to the hairdressers, that would have been simpler, but I love it now.

6. I've had this on-off boyfriend for like 4 years and our relationship is unbearably complicated cos of distance and me being an idiot and moving every 5 minutes

7. But I'm not going to do that this time (except for the next 6 months...)

8. Looking at him is like looking at myself, physically and...I hate the word spiritually, but something deeper than mentally

9. He makes my heart stop

10. I love reading, I think it saved me

11. I especially love the Romantic poets and want to do my Masters degree in Romanticism

12. I'm moving to Saudi for 6 months or maybe 18 months

13. This will make me a. debt-free and b. pretty rich :)

14. Lots of people think I'm messed up about sex, but actually, I just really like it

15. Apart from reading, I also think music saved me and I'm really picky about the music I like

16. I have a weird but good relationship with my ex-boyfriend, we email each other 10 times a day and he understands me really well.

17. I have lived in Berlin and Budapest. I love Berlin more than anywhere else on the planet.

18. I really love Eastenders

19. My favourite thing to eat is a choccy-crisp treat, which involves a bar of chocolate and a bag of crisps eaten at the same time. Sometimes I like to add cola to this mix as well, and have them all in my mouth together. My current favourite mix is coca cola, paprika crisps and milka chocolate.

20. Despite this, I am a size 6.

21. And I'm only 5ft 1.

22. I love over the knee socks.

23. If I could have sex with anyone, living or dead, it would be Lord Byron. He'd be my first choice for a dinner party too.

24. I find the best thing to focus on what I want is to write my obituary the way I'd want it to be written (i.e. died at 82, having written and directed an era-defining film, numerous books and leaving 4 healthy, happy babies and a string of weeping lovers). Try it!

25. The best thing about me is that I'm almost entirely well, and can now do all the things I've always wanted to do. These things include writing and directing for theatre, making a film, doing my Masters, having normal friendships, having a nice relationship with my boyfriend, having a nice stable home somewhere, not being skint any more, and walking down the street without feeling like the world's out to get me. The last 10 years have been rubbish, but the next 10 will be sweeter because of it.

1. I have had Tourette Syndrome since I was a young child but wasn't officially diagnosed until I was 30.

2. I also have had OCD since childhood.

3. I have been misunderstood for a lot of my life.

4. I have been emotionally abused.

5. I have a sister and a brother.

6. I lived in the state of WV for a long time.

7. I live with my father now.

8. I have a cat.

9. I love animals.

10. My favorite color is yellow.

11. I am currently legally blind in one eye.

12. I shave my head because of trichotillomania.

13. I work as a nurse aide in an assisted-living home.

14. I love what I do overall.

15. I would love to hike all of the Appalachian Trail.

16. I love nature.

17. I love to read.

18. I like the Alex Delaware books by Jonathan Kellerman.

19. I like to be by myself.

20. I get lonely.

21. I spent my 39th birthday in a state hospital.

22. I don't always take my medicine.

23. I like to backpack.

24. I was confirmed in the Episcopal Church.

25. I have gratitude.

1. I'm 16

2. I live in the UK

3. I'm depressed

4. I'm allergic to chocolate

5. I love rock music

6. I hate the colour pink

7. My favorite colours are red and black

8. I have three cats; one is black, one is ginger and one is brown/white/ginger/black

9. I love scarves, gloves, hats and socks

10. I have problems sleeping

11. I like mints, especially strong mints

12. I used to have a horse

13. I love thunderstorms at night

14. I hate maths

15. I speak Spanish

16. I've been abused by family before

17. I never had the sort of family most people have

18. I like alcohol

19. My head currently feels like its on fire

20. The above two statements are not connected at all. I like saying random things which could be connected but arent.

21. I have no real friends here because a bully turned them al away from me

22. I used to collect keyrings

23. I like honeycomb

24. I love wolves

25. I'm terrified of heights

1. i am 22 and 1 month and about two weeks.

2. i have been diagnosed with bpd, but to be honest i am scared that i could ever be boxed in and summed up. so for the moment i'm sticking to "personality problems" because thats what i was told i had by my least hated psychiatrist.

3. i first had major depression as a 16/17 year old, then i realised i had social anxiety and eating problems. now i have mostly bpd and avpd stuff.

4.i like mature cheddar.

5. i regard drawing as the grandest art form and having the most potential for development. i am an aesthetic.

6. i hate college (further education), and i will never go back. but i do love studying... contradiction, yes!

7. i attend a day hospital for people with bpd problems. its quite a rare thing.

9. i like being english and i embrace/am infatuated with most of its culture.

10. i am weird and both love it and hate it.

11. i am both shy and friendly.

13. love lager in pint glasses or bottles, i worship and adore, and dream of it.

14. i have scored as INFP on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test.

15. i am a lot like my mother psychologically but i've got a lot of my intelligence from my dad.

16. i am avoidant, very...

17. i love books and have loved them ever since i started school back as a 5 year old. i almost used to live in the library.

18. i am a born and bred londoner.

19. i am pretty good at writing, and on good days i want to be poet or and artist.

20. i like raspberry jelly, but sugar free only because i like sound it makes when you scoop it out with spoon, that suction noise.

21. i have a fear of spiders and used to have a fear of dogs (all dogs).

22. i am a huge x-files fan.

23. i like doing plasticine modelling.

24. i dont actually have a favourite colour.

25. wikipedia and google are my two main sources of info.

1. I was born in Yorkshire (UK) but never lived there.

2. I have a first class degree in computer science from the Open University (UK).

3. I am a full-time student, working towards a PhD in a computer science.

4. I like wine, beer and port (too much).

5. I like my food (too much). Favourites are cheese, crisps, crackers and pies. I am a regular at my local supermarket, where the oven-fresh department sell things off cheaply just before closing time.

6. I am married to someone who I met in a mental health group. She is the only person who I have ever really felt comfortable with in this life. However, its not an easy marriage.

7. We have a daughter aged 8 and a son aged 5.

8. Our son is having major difficulties, particularly at school, with his behaviour and social skills and concentration.

9. My wife has some personality/relationship difficulties. Neither she, her parents or my parents have any real insight or understanding into what is going on (or into what I am really like).

10. As a teenager, I lived in New Zealand for 4.5 years.

11. I was adopted soon after birth by a couple who were very over-protective towards me. They are responsible for causing my difficulties, although they meant well.

12. I now live in one of England's new towns; less than 15 mins walk from the train station, the supermarket and the countryside.

13. I like to go to the gym about 3 times a week - doing mostly strength exercises, but I am no bodybuilder.

14. I will be 36 in March 2009.

15. Between the age of 13 and 25, I have been in a psych hospital 3 times and had so many therapies and medications, all fairly useless.

16. I have had many diagnoses. Towards the end of my 'therapy' the consensus was that I had a personality disorder, which does not fit into the standard DSM categories.

17. I have been out of the mental health system for 10 years now and take no meds.

18. I have little empathy for other people, even those close to me.

19. Once I took my children out to a park and my daughter said "daddy, that was the best sunday we have had ever, without mummy".

20. I play emotional games with people, I don't always realise I am doing it.

21. I enjoy walking and cycling the countryside.

22. I have back pain, which is mostly helped (and sometimes worsened) by going to the gym.

23. I hate fungi.

24. I wear a big emotional mask most of the time.

25. As a child I was very lonely and had no friends and there was a wharf/pier that I used to go to; I used to walk to then end and look out into the sea and think.

Archived