Mental Health Forums

Quetiapine/seroquel

Alii

When I was on it i weighed about 85kg and was put on 300mg which i feel was far too much considering this was my first experience with any sort of anti-pyschotic. The drowsiness was moderate, the main diffuculty was trying to deal with the reality of it. However on a more positive note I did manage to quit smoking,

best of luck mate,

I used to be on 200mg but that made me have a really high level of drowsiness. So they switched me down to 100mg a year ago and that has been working pretty well for me. I would say my drowsiness level now is light and I can function pretty well overall.

xx

I'm on 150mg, had a real bad sedative effect on me to start with, but I think that was it mixed with my other meds, but now it's ok, just not sure it works on me anymore, good luck with it.

i had only been on it for a month before i got preg last year so had to stop and was only on the starting dose of 50-100 mg

the first one i took, i slept like 18 hours, it proper knocked me out... after that id take it about 6pm, sleep for a few hours, wake up and then go bed normally 10pm and sleep till 6 am, when i got up for work. i did find it really had a sedeative effect for me, BUT it didnt stop my bad dreams, it made it worse, cause i couldnt fight my way out the nightmares as i was too drowsy... also the weight issue, it put me off food and i lost weight, not gained... but i was only on them for a short time X

I take 300mg XL slow release at night, it helps me sleep, but I don't really think it is helping my psychosis, but it might work for you. I can't take it in the day...as it makes me eat loads and it knocks me out! Apparantly it is lisenced in the U.S. as an antidepressant, but here only for bi-polar and psychosis, it does stop me having mania, though which I suppose is a good thing. As for an anti-deppressant.........doesn't work!

I've been on it since last summer. I'm currently on 200mg, which I had to build up to in the first week. That first week I was very dopey and slept a lot, but don't worry, that wears off for the most part. I still sleep too much and have to take the full dose at night rather than splitting it because of that. I found I was going back to sleep for 3 hours on a morning if I took a pill when I woke up. I was also eating too much and not exercising at all. However, I've noticed that after being on it for 5 months now, the hunger pangs have gone. I'm able to control what I eat for the most part now. It's different for everyone though.

I suppose you need to weigh up the pros and cons. Seroquel has eliminated the voices and most of the hallucinations. It has almost completely taken away the anxiety and hyper vigilance. I feel a lot more content than I was before. However, I live alone and don't work so I don't have to fit this pill around a schedule. I think it's harder if you need to be up in the morning to look after kids or go to work. Oh and I find I tend to forget words quite a lot, which can be very frustrating.

I have been on them for 3 1/2 years, 300mg in the morning and 400mg at night, they used to make me sleep and reduce my anxiety but for the past year they havent helped at all.

thanks! Looks like I'm going on 100mg XL (50 the first day then 100 from then on) the slow release. Is slow release what your all on? if not Does slow release have the drowsiness attributed as much? My brother is on 25mg ordinary which he takes at night and it knocks him out and then he is like a space cadet for the next day till around 5pm

I don't really understand how the slow release part effects it all.

Thanks again.

Hope it works for you. I'm not on slow release. I didn't realise they did that. I've had slow release for other meds though and they tend to be issued to prevent drowsiness.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently had it increased to 400mg XL, and after about two weeks I have noticed a difference in myself, im more positive, more motivated, mood swings are less. I think It's a great drug.

im only 20 and i've just started a week ago on 200mg XL i havent particularly found it very drowsy prevoking but maybe thats because i've just swapped from olanzipine so far it seems to be an appetite suppresant but this is only comparing to olanzi im feeling very paranoid on this drug so far did anyone else at the beggining if so did it pass?

Archived