Mental Health Forums

Increase In Prozac

calyps

I had my daily prozac increased to 60mg on monday.

OMG, today, I just..I don't know where the hell I am, what the hell I am doing...I think it may have something to do with getting wasted drunk last night, but I am so unbelievably wound up, strung out, irritable. I can't stop talking, moving, thinking, everything is racing and I feel like I am just gonna lose it. I just had to leave work because I felt so wrong, I thought it was what I was wearing, so i come home to get changed, but everything is wrong, nothing i wear feels right, I am just too aware of my body and the space it takes up and I hate it. I hate everything. But, I gotta have faith that it will pass, just as the effects of the last increase did, but it's so very hard to get on with life when feeling like this.

(((((((((((((((anwen)))))))))))))))

sorry you are feeling bum. all i can say is give it time. you are going to feel different - that is the point, but if you continue to feel worse, well then i guess you stop.

for me, whenever i try a new drug, its like, the difference i feel throws my sense of self off again on a tangent and i am so used to feeling one set of weirdness that to feel a whole new one leaves me feeling totally strung out.

i think we need a lot of time to adjust but the drugs act quickly and we dont get that time so it all feels overwhelming.

try to hang in there a bit longer ok? maybe you will start to feel they are good feelings? i dunno. i am on prozac too. its too early to have any of what u are getting but im thinking of you and i will have to take my own advice when it all kicks off.

love ya

xx

Hope you are feeling better soon... I'm only on 20mg of Prozac per day and when I drink with it I feel like absolute shite, so that's probably making you feel worse.

Don't give up - and you are totally right to have faith that it will pass.

J

:hug2:

sorry your feeling so bad... my hubby is on 40mg, but he still gets bad days...

Just try holding on, it can take up to 4 weeks to work properly, so try and give it time....

I do believe sometimes our bodies make us feel worse because in our sub-consious we don't want to take medicine, or have them taken up...

:bigarmhug[1]:

Thanks for the affirmations, I know the alcohol was probably not such a good idea but it was so nice to have felt nothing instead of this terrible nightmare. I feel like the person in the horror film who's about to get it, all senses are on alert. I took a sulpiride tablet to see if that would work, it seems to have calmed down my bbbody (I can at least sit still for 5 secs) but the mind is still racing off. I don't know what to do. My boss wants me to go back to work but I just can't sit there, it's driving me nuts, and I don't think the way I am right now is fair to the people around me. Maybe I should go to the beach? Try to sleep? Any suggestions on how to ride this out will be gratefully received!

My hubby has a drink problem... and what he normally does, so as now is sleep or read a book.... I don't know how much you drink normally... but they properly just didn't mix very well this time....

You know yourself, drinking and taking any form of drug is not good for you...

opppsss, I also ment to say, that alot off the time we are told not to drink and take medication, because it stops the medication from workiing properly.. that could also be the problem...

I'm also taking 60 mg of Prozac, but I have for a long time, I started with 20, then increase to 40, then 60 and even 80 at one time, I don't remember making me feel weird, maybe it did but I thought it was because of something else, now I'm taking 60 again and I do feel like I can't stop thinking and worrying about things, but I'm also taking Concerta and that one makes me feel very overwhelmed and hyper, and I'm shaking all the time, but it helps me keep me awake, does anybody take concerta here? sorry, anwen, I should start a new post to ask about this, but I suggest you give it some time to see if it'll pass, I know all those feelings you are describing, it's ;like impossible to live like that, but sometimes I like to stick to Prozac since is the most known drug out there, the oldest, but that could be a bad thing too, maybe more side effects than the new drugs out there.Hope this makes sense to you.

Anwen I felt the same when my prozac was increased, in fact I didn't sleep much for about 3 days, felt almost out of control like my brain was a separate entity, and god I know what you mean about changing clothes etc but still feeling just 'wrong' - I once tried to describe how I felt to my boyfriend and the closest I could get was 'like I had been stuffed into someone else's body and not even a nice one'. I've always been able to drink and haven't noticed any side-effects with prozac (just as bloody well - the amount i drink when I get started!) but maybe you've got a hangover as well, which just adds to the weird feeling.

I really feel for you, but just hang in there matey. Take a day off sick if you need to and just spend some quiet time getting yourself together again. Hope it passes soon. *hugs* Suse x

Just had a 2 hour sulpiride-induced nap...not sure if I was actually asleep as I felt so aware of the time. When I woke up I had to get out of the house, so I went food shopping (a big move for me). Feel crap that I missed work but couldn't physically SIT there and subject everyone to how bad it is, they looked at me funny, I just know it. Feel like a long hard nightmare of an evening is ahead of me...don't know if I can make it through without drinking, need to numb everything so much, reality is too bright.

yes,

hello booze,

hello fuzzy feeling,

goodbye intense stark reality and pain.

And I get called crazy, told using alcohol like this is not a good way- depends what you mean by good doesn't it? It's quick, easy, legal and works in the immediate short term. I think I have successfully talked myself into going to the pub.

Maybe I should put on a cocktail dress and make an evening of it.

When I have anxiety and my heartrate is considerably high one shot of whisley will calm me down...I would rathe rhave beer or wine because liquor actually makes me feel more panicky later. I have drank so much alcohol in this house I am dead when my father finds that out. I am really considering opening a bottle of wine though...

eirianwen, sorry your'e feeling so bad , try to persevere with the prozac hopefully it will settle down and you won't feel so anxious and hyper, i take 40mg each day also sulpiride which i increase if i want to fall asleep and shut things out. i have a good few drinks every night which also helps to take the edge of things ! hope you feel better soon , keep going. rosehip x

Archived