1) Citalapram 40mg

2) Mirtazapine 45mg

3) Quetiapine 400mg slow release

4) Diazapam 45mg

5) Zolpidem 10mg

6) Propanolol 40mg

7) Co-Codamol

8) Acamprosate

I had a C.P.A. on Wed which was to discuss my meds, with the idea of reducing the Quetiapine, instead it got increased!

I am starting a Diazapam reduction, 2mg a week, so I should be off that in around 23 weeks.

Anyone else think this is too much medication? I feel tired all the time and in the mornings when I get out of bed my legs feel like they will colapse beneath me, I told the pychiatrist this but he didn' t seem concerned!

I am on:

lithium 800mg

propanolol 110mg

lofepramine 240mg

tryptafen 500mg

sulpiride 200mg

zolpidem 10mg

Think doesn't matter what you on as long as you can function at home and not have to be in hospital. They could stuff the tablets down me 24/7 as long as I'm at home with my husband and children.

Yeah, but I still get depression, sometimes so bad I want to end it all, so It is a bit disconcerting that I am taking all these meds, and they don't apear to be working. :huh:

Sorry to hear they are not working. You are on several, but quite low doses. They were gonna give me ECT but decided to try lithium as last resort - would they consider lithium for you? What is you dx? Mine is depression/anxiety psychosis.

Just read up on your meds and I'm sorry I got it wrong. Some are ow dose but you are on a lot of diazepam and a good dose of quetiapine. Sorry if I caused offence. I've just taken kids to school and brain is fried at mo, need coffee.

nothing worked for depression on me cause my vitamin d levels were low check that and lamictal dont know what its called there works on people no other antidepressant works its a mood stabelizer hope that helps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I only take sertraline, lamotrigine, zopiclone and now have prn promazine for anxiety attacks - but know lots of people are on much more. Speakly purely personally, I would feel I was on "too many" meds if I were having to take meds to counter the side effects of the other meds! It just seems to be a case of trial and error, finding what works best, what combinations, what doses, and since everything has to be started and stopped slowly changing things seems to take forever.

Sounds good that you are trying to reduce your diazepam - perhaps increasing the quetiapine was to help with that?

I guess I would say try not to beat yourself up about it - the way I think about it is that I would rather not be on medication, but I need it to function, and if its the price I pay for somthing that vaugley resembles a normal life.......

Mine doesn't always work either, but I think I'm too scared to find out what I'd be like without it!

Mousex

My dx is Border Line Personality Dissorder, with Psychosis, and bi-polar. The Quetiapine keeps my mood stable, but stabled at very low, I actually miss the mania.....is that normal?????

Shelley, sorry I don't know if it is normal but I guess is better to be stable somewhere than up and down all the time? I'm sure you do miss the mania but are you as low as you go when you are high/low all the time?

i understand cos im on a few meds too.. certrasline 20mg, seroquel 250 mg vallium 10-40mg, proranolols, plus throid meds t3and armour thyroid, betahistine and diuretic for menieres disease .. i think roses is right if it helps even a little its worth it, i used to be on twice as much medication, it doesnt mean ull be on all those meds for life , maybe u need them for now and re the antidepressants i dont think the meds alone are a magic cure for depression, excersise, light box there are wother things u can do to try and help the depression.. and it is a good idea to have your vitamin levels checked too. i take loads of vits and minerals and herbs, they do help my mood .. it may be a good idea to get levels checked or try some vits or herbs.. i take ginseng which is great fr mood and energy, also ive just had a b12 jab and it was for my health but it made my bood better, b12 is vital for mood as are all the b complex vits

Lots of people I've met say they miss the highs - or they think they do, somtimes they wonder if what they remember was "as good" as they think!

The lamotrigine I take is also a mood stabiliser - I have cyclothymia, somtimes I miss the highs too, but mine never lasted long enough for me to enjoy them, and to be up and down in hours, somtimes less, I think was way worse than where I am now, even though my mood is more likely to be lower now.

I don't know.......

Thanks for all your input. I have B12 injections every 3 months. I recently had my bloods checked cos im on Quetiapine and my Liver GLT is high, 95, two months ago it was 48, I could tell that my shrink didn't believe me when I said I hadn't been drinking at my C.P.A last week, which has really upset me, so im not going back to see him again,For an alcoholic in recovery, that's a real smack in the face!!! my C.P.N. say's she believes me, though, as does my G.P.

No, my mood is not as low as when I crash from a manic episode, so I guess, im doing better. I still miss the highs though..... :huh:

Shelley, it is not abnormal at all for a bipolar person to grieve for their manic episodes when they are over. I had a very fruitful 2008 ful of hypomania. I never missed a day off work and wtote two books and did a BA (Hons) and a doctorate. Unfortunately in early 2009 it transmogrified into full-blown scary mania and as a result Im like a walking fecking pill box:

15mg Zyprexa/Olanzapine

1.5mg Haldol

40mg Prozac (I want to stay on tis baby but the shrinks and docs are convinced it is this which is making me manic)

200 mg Tegretol

250mg Topamax (my mother has consented to having it back)

40 mg Inderal

20mg Diazepam

3mg Lorazepam

20mg Temazepam

5mg Procyclidine

7.5mg Zopiclone

I remember going on to another MH forum and asking a general question 'What meds are you on?' and listing mine. I am used to being on MH forums where people suffer from a number of comorbid disorders and are heavily medicated and discuss their medications openly and ask each other questions about them, but the response I got from this forum was UNREAL. They jumped right on my back and started saying things like 'All the cool kids don't take pills' and 'Oh I could just shake you like a rattle!'. That was UNFUCKING believable. They thought I was trying to have a pissing competition about how many meds we were all on, in reality Im a bit of a psychopharmacology geek and I love to discuss psychiatric drugs and what many people don't realise is that it could be the drugs that are the only thing that for many are stopping us from getting of this chair and killing ourselves right now.

Bunch of airheads

nukey x

I agree with what you say, and that other forum sounds really odd.

The stupid thing is that my shrink said at my last C.P.A. that I was on a lot of medication and then promptly increased the Quetiapine, I don't think they know what they are doing half the time!

Archived