Mental Health Forums

Promazine

paddypotty

I have been on promazine before,it really helped calm me down and i slept which was good.

This time round it seems to be making matters worse,even my daughter and hubby notices the agiatation and if i write my thoughts down and read them back,i know they are a tad abnormal.I really dont want to post what ive been thinking and likewise i dont want to go to my gp in case i get sectioned.

If anybody else has felt removed from reality and feeling weird i would like to know.

Thanks.

sod it,what have i got to lose.

here is what promazine is doing to me over the past few days.

I look in the mirror and i dont know if i am who i normally am,i get up during the night to look in the mirror and its worse then cos im not there.

i have cut and the cut heals really quickly,this wasnt a scratch but a deep cut and over the space of 2 days it healed without scarring which never happens.Im afraid that my body has total control,that it will make me stay alive for ever as some sort of sick punishment,im afraid of having no control and that my body is ruling me.

So there its really sad,and maybe a few of you will laugh but maybe thats just the paranoia.

(((Patricia)))

I am listening, not laughing.

It sounds as if the promazine is having a bad effect of you this time, is it a long time since you took it last? You say that it worked last time, but that doesn't mean it will this time, things change. Have the meds had enough time to get into your system, not sure how long you have been taking them this time?

I wish I could give more advice but I am a bit crap at this.

I understand the feelings of not being in control, and being taken over. Looking in the mirror and not recognising you. You are you pp.

I am not sure what else to say, just that you are cared about, we are not here to judge or laugh at you - we care

Take care of yourself pp

Hope this gets better soon.

I don't think that the things that you have mentioned here would get you sectioned. I am no professional and it might be a good idea if you could talk to someone who understands, gp, mental health nurse, t. Not sure if you have t at the moment, but someone who knows better, it isn't a med that I have taken before.

Love you

Flower x

thanks flower gonna go to gp tomorrow,i guess im worried about sectioning cos its happened a few times before particularly when i have been disconnected like this.

It really scares the hell out of me that I cannot control the body,i think thats why i see suicide as an option,its like raising two fingers to the body.

Archived