Mental Health Forums

A Big Hello

lena

Just thought I would say a Big Hello to all you guys.

Been lurking on this site for a little while now - and thought it was about time I plucked up enough courage to introduce myself!

I'm recently diagnosed with BPD. Was a bit of a shock to me as I knew nothing about the disorder up until now.

However, upon reading up on it - the symptoms seemed so familiar it kinda blew me away. I was amazed that there was something that explained everything I had been struggling with( SH, ED's, moodswings, 'spacing out' etc). I had thought it was just me for 29 years!.

I'm now getting over the initial shock of diagnosis, and actually feel very very relieved to have found out what is wrong with me. It's easier to cope with when you know what you are fighting.

I am just starting out on an intensive long term group therapy treatment for people with BPD and have my fingers crossed that I will be able to make some progress with this and finally begin to live (not just try to survive)

I have to say, reading through the posts, that I find it amazing that I can identify with so much of what you all go through. It has been such a support and helped me realise that there are other people like me! Thank you all for that.

Lena

hello and :welcomeani:

glad you have come out of the shadows to see us ;) its good that you have been finding the site helpful and i do hope that you will stick around and keep talking to us. hope the therapy helps you, maybe you could keep us updated on how it goes for you.

take care

xxx

Hiya Lena, & :welcomeani:

Nice to meet you. Glad you posted - thats EXACTLY how i felt when i was d'x'ed with bpd. Bipolar didn't explain it all, but bpd did.

Hey its really good you are being proactive about it too with therapy and joining here.

I hope to see you 'round. Glad you have found somewhere you can relate to.

Take care,

Anne Marie

:welcomeani: to the site! Yep it is amazing all the different things that are included in a bpd diagnosis! I am happy that it helped you feel better able to cope! Good luck with therapy and I hope the site can also be helpful!

xxx

Archived