Mental Health Forums

"you're Too Sensitive"

hummm_mabbe

Sorry Hmm Maybe for going off topic and sorry Meme for upsetting you, was not my intention, guess I just came across in wrong way.

Nooooooooooooo no need to apolgise to me Roses! You actually got me thinking and I realised some more stuff, I actually feel better because of it :)

Sorry Hmm Maybe for going off topic and sorry Meme for upsetting you, was not my intention, guess I just came across in wrong way.

Nooooooooooooo no need to apolgise to me Roses! You actually got me thinking and I realised some more stuff, I actually feel better because of it :)

Same here, you have said nothing that has upset me, Roses. Whenever you have disagreed with me you have been polite and you have explained your point of view.

I think polite disagreements can be good because - as hummm_mabbe says, they make you think.

Same here, you have said nothing that has upset me, Roses. Whenever you have disagreed with me you have been polite and you have explained your point of view.

I think polite disagreements can be good because - as hummm_mabbe says, they make you think.

There's also the fact that I didnt personally perceive a disagreement between myself and Roses - am saying that for Roses benefit as there was genuinely no point when I thought she was being out of order. I sensed she was getting upset about something, but I didnt feel it was aimed at me - I just wanted to add something that was in my head.

Thanks and am glad all is well with us all. I agree debates are good I just get upset with myself if I think I have upset someone else cos on here you can't see how the person is reacting, so glad all is cool and smooth. xxxxxxxxxxxx

You are so right in your post, my sensitivity turns to anger and defensiveness. I need to feel powerful. anger+violence gives me that feeling and I've been battling it almost all my life, Im back to battling it and glad I found this board.

Thank you for summing up my feelings. I agree with you 100%, and I don't endorse breaking other peoples stuff either, but this post really hit home for me.

You are so right in your post, my sensitivity turns to anger and defensiveness. I need to feel powerful. anger+violence gives me that feeling and I've been battling it almost all my life, Im back to battling it and glad I found this board.

Thank you for summing up my feelings. I agree with you 100%, and I don't endorse breaking other peoples stuff either, but this post really hit home for me.

Good to have another BPD bro!

I have had to listen that over and over again "Man, are you so sensitive!" from my mom. I always felt extremely put down cause she always gave me this disgusting look while she said it. Still hurts to this day. And yes, I AM sensitive, because I cannot stand harsh, hard-hearded people - the Muhammad Ali type - the Big Mouth´s. Sorry, I had to get that out. I actually searched for this post because right now, I am feeling very sensitive.

Elke

Thanks for starting this hummm

I'm told I'm too sensitive because those "people" from my childhood use that to ignore their own abusive behaviour. If I'd had a bond with my mother as a tot I wouldn't be "too sensitive", if people had listened to me or even just "seen" me I wouldn't be "too sensitive".

Natural sensitivity is something to be cherished and nurtured. My son's sensitive but I don't see that as a tool to put him down. Know he's going to find life harder than someone more thick-skinned but hey - he has an empathy, a way of emotionally connecting which is special.

hairah

Hairah, I appreciate what you said about your son. That's how my son is, too. And it's funny because starting in first grade he would come home and tell us "i'm too sensitive!" because he would cry over his writing assignments. His empathy and sensitivity are coupled with his own perfectionism (we are constantly trying to help him be satisfied with being "just human".....

Anyhow, sorry for my drunk post above, it made some kind of profound sense when I wrote it and now it just seems stupid and conceited.

I returned to say that it occurred to me that we should perhaps replace the word "sensitive" with "gifted". Anytime your mother calls you "too sensitive", she's really calling you "too gifted"! and i think people are afraid of the gifted because we make them feel inadequate or uncomfortable. Plus, people locked in the victims consciousness WILL deform us in order to distract attention away from their own issues, simply because they can. These people are ashamed of their own emotions and want to hide them. They can't hide them from us! and that terrifies them, like we are reading their minds, invading their space. So they projected their shame onto us--and we agreed with them.

I want to break that agreement. I want to ENJOY my gift of sensitivity!

I want to ENJOY my gift of sensitivity!

I totally get this - I'm going to start enjoying this with you as soon as I get out of this dark place. My son's a sensitive special one but I guess I am too. Hard to shrug off all that negative stuff. But hey!! Thanks.

h.

P.S. hun - do you find you can do things like lipread, read body language so it's spooky?

Yay! today is turning into a Yay day, for sure. So grateful for this forum and people like you, hairah!

I'm not gifted in that particular way. My gift is feeling energy. It feels like electricity coming out of people and when it's negative, it prickles, burns, or even spasms. I am very empathic, too. I just FEEL what other people are feeling emotionally coming out of them in waves. And now that I'm developing it, I'm growing as an intuitive of sorts.

:hug2: I'm sorry you're in the dark space. That is so painful. Where do you feel it in your body?

Archived