Mental Health Forums

New Med

froggy

Hi Iv been to my psychiatrist today and he has started me on 10mg of aripiprazole. Due to weight gain he is weaning me off seroquel. I dont over eat and follow a healthy diet so Im shocked at the weight that Iv gained over two stone in a year. Has anyone taken the aripiprazole and how have you got

Sorry, I've not taken those ones but wanted to just say hello as we have not spoken before. I have been on a lot of different stuff over the years and quite a lot of them have made me prone to weight gain and as I have an ed is not a good thing! I hope your new tablet suits you better and helps. xxx

Sorry, I've not taken those ones but wanted to just say hello as we have not spoken before. I have been on a lot of different stuff over the years and quite a lot of them have made me prone to weight gain and as I have an ed is not a good thing! I hope your new tablet suits you better and helps. xxx

Thanks roses. Nice to meet you too. :D

So apart from the tablet change, how are you doing? I'm dx with depression, anxiety and psychosis and have good days/bad days. Have had a bad week this week but hoping night out with hubbie tomorrow might cheer me up. You got plans for tomorrow? xxx

i have taken abilify (same thing) before and to be honest it didnt help all that much. i came off it in the end due to fears of weight gain which is a side effect. sorry just thought didnt mean to be all negative about it, i know some people have found it to help and the weight gain wont happen for everyone and it may not be as much as other meds even if it does.

xxx

I had a really bad experience with Aripiprazole, I developed Akathesia. Side effect to watch out for is if you notice your legs start aching, if they do, my advice is to stop taking it and talk to your doctor, before Akathesia gets a grip. Hopefully you'll be fine! :)

abilify sent me batshit manic and it is also crap for psychosis. But I lost weight on it. As a matter of fact I couldnt look at food.

Welcome to the boards and I hope you experience with abilify is happier than ours!

nuke x

Archived