Mental Health Forums

I'm New

Csilla

Hi everyone

I've just found this site by typing "toxic parents" + support on google.

It doesn't happen very often but tonight I have had a fight with my husband as a result of something which is a direct legacy of how I was brought up as a child. We have patched it up and had a cuddle, but as always on these occasions I need some time to myself to have a cry.

My husband's parents were a bit "toxic" as well, which is probably why we get on so well together. We understand each other. However sometimes I feel that he has enough problems with his family and I need to give him a break from my problems with my family.

This is where you come in. In some respects I feel like a whinger. There are lots of people who have suffered far worse than I have. I at least have not suffered sexual abuse and violence was only ever threatened not acted upon but i still bear the mental scars of being unable to form lasting friendships and not being able to relate normally towards people.

Welcome Csilla!

Glad you joined us...I am sure you will find the place very supportive because everyone here is great and very accepting...hope to see you around...

LM

Csilla - welcome hun....

I think most of us on the site have had problems of some sort or another about our parents - it is the reason most of us are here, I would guess....

Dont worry about whinging - thats what we are here for and we all do it!!!!!

You have come to the right place sweetie...

keep posting.... :)

Ginny ;)

Hi Csilla and welcome. This is a supportive place so I hope you stick around.

Don't ever feel the need to minimize your own experiences because someone else's seeem worse - we all feel and are all equal in how we feel.

Hope you find some support and answers and tips on coping/managing.

You joined at a good time - online BPDworld conference!!

Archived