Mental Health Forums

Went To See A Counsellor Today

serene1983

hi...

I went to see a counsellor at my uni today, and we talked for a bit and he seemed ok... but then he sggested that I ask my GP to refer me to the comunity mentalhealth team, which could take about 4 weeks... the thing is, he didnt offer to see me while I'm waiting for an appointement from them, he just said to come back and see him if I have any problems there.

I don't think I can wait 4 weeks without talking to anyone, thats the whole reason I went there. Now my mind is telling me to carry on acting out for the next 4 weeks, until the appointement comes through..

this is stupid...

I feel soo tired and lethargic now..

I just don't know what to do with myself...

can you speak to him again and mention about having someone to talk to until the appointment comes through? im guessing he doesnt want to risk starting talking about things because the mental health team could want to start with something different and he may be concerned that it will do more harm than good. it is worth asking him though if you can see him in the meantime until the mental health team can provide support.

xxx

can you speak to him again and mention about having someone to talk to until the appointment comes through? im guessing he doesnt want to risk starting talking about things because the mental health team could want to start with something different and he may be concerned that it will do more harm than good. it is worth asking him though if you can see him in the meantime until the mental health team can provide support.

xxx

Hi, thanks for the reply..

I did think about that, but I just don't want to be a burden on people, I constanly feel like I am a burden on everyone. and I just think to myself, well, he is not stupid and probably knows that I need someone to talk to. and if he wanted to do that he would have offered...

i just always feel like I am taking up their time, and that I am not worthy of it...

xxx

hey its not about being a burden on anybody. i know when you are feeling low you feel like that but the most important thing is you getting help. sometimes you do have to push to get things you need, and its how i lost support too, i couldnt ask for it, felt bad for doing it. but they are there to help you, its not about what they want to do, its about what you want and need to do. you are definitely worthy of the help

xxx

Archived