Mental Health Forums

Why Didnt I Think Of This Before?

catspiracy

So I'm going thru friend withdrawal after the huge party saturday nite....sitting on my bed looking at a magazine, when I decided "F--- this feeling sorry for myself business, practice what you preach and meditate." So i assumed the position and started the ohms and the breathing. My lower back has been hurting a lot lately and I was trying to break through the blockage, had to lay back to align my spine. And it still hurt, so I did some of those glut lift exercises. And then it dawned on me that this was a lot like doing my 100 stomach crunches routine that I rarely am disciplined enough to do, but when I do, it works wonders.

And I created my newest meditation scheme! I do 10 chakra breaths, then 10 crunches, inhale-down, exhale-up. Meanwhile, instead of my usual hands-behind-neck thing, I "dance" my arms in rhythm with the movement of the crunch and roll my shoulderblades on and off of the mat.

Voila: multitasking my three best depression busters: dance, exercise, and meditation!

And then I suddenly became wildly creative and started drawing like crazy in my sketchbook. Yay!

Hey -

Well done. Sometimes pushing ourself to start a new routine is the hard part.

You sound really up beat, hope that feeling continues for you.

Marchmadness

thats great, sometimes we do just need something different to give us that boost and im glad you have found something that works for you, hope it carries on that way.

xxx

Thanks, March. I'm currently on the downslide of my manic cycle, but I don't feel like giving in. I am going to get hardcore positive and yank the parasitic snake that's trying to take over my kundalini. (well, that's how i experience what's going on in my mind-body-spirit right now.) The transformation stuff is coming fast and furious for me lately. "History is an angel being blown backwards into the future" --Walter Benjamin --describes how I feel

Archived