Mental Health Forums

Damn Damn Damn It

walker

its all come streaming back

not the deep depression

but the anxiety,

the hollow fear in my gut

God its like a hole has opened back up inside me and i am going to be swallowed by it

I guess it has never really gone, but avoidance has worked well

and now

shit i feel like i am going to sink

Walker hun, can you talk more about it, do you think it will help?

I hope that this passes soon also, like ann I know how bad it can get.

:hug2: - for you, I thought you might need one.

R xxx

thankyou , both

its really pathetic, I am really pathetic, I know that

I knew it hadnt gone, but staying at home has helped a lot,

but my daughter is 21 next fri, and I knew I had to see her before that, and she is in B'ham

knew son and I could get lift back with hub, but we had to get there from Oxford - so i booked the coach, cos last year the train was SOO packed and busy and stressful

so

Coach

great idea

except days of thinking about it, migraine the night before, travel pills that refused to make me drowsy (they used to knock me out) - and as soon as the damn thing drove into the coachstation my whole body went weak.

Damn it

I know i had my son with me, but cant really hold hands and cuddle up to an 18 year old.

It was only for 2 hours, but even before we left it was hitting me and my whole being was longing to get out of there.

For the next hour it kept washing over me every few minutes

the burning, locked back, - the tight chest - the numbness from the waist down - that awful awful feeling of utter dread and weakness - like I am sinking through the seat

Shit, I hate it so much - but each time - i have to fight and fight to keep my composure

Son didnt know - i just kept chatting, drinking, eating sweets

I ended up singing a bloody hymn, as it made me breath more slowly

then, last bit was delayed by roadworks, which set it off again

Finally got out ARGHHHH

then walking through millions of people - couldnt deal with shopping centre, we went wrong way and again it was rising up inside me like a tidal wave - RUN RUN , cry and run cry and run

so i just walked with my son and got more and more scared until we finally got out.

SHIT I HATE IT SO MUCH

Why is it that when it gets bad, suddenly all the exits seem to vanish, every passage is a dead end, and no doors will open

ALL I wanted to do was go and see my little girl ffs and i cant even do that - I feel like a total useless shit and I am SO angry that I cant just walk around like other people.

Even in her flat, and the restaurant it was still worrying me

I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience.

But walker, YOU DID IT! You got there, and you should be so so proud of yourself.

You are not useless at all, you made the effort and you did it.

You did things to help yourslef, even if it is something like singing that helps you to breathe properly and calm down, and you should be proud of yourself for doing that rather than just giving in.

You will get past this hun.

I will be thinking of you.

R xxx

Like Crackers said, you did it Even though it was scary you did it. You sound so much like me I could have written your post myself. This is how I felt the other week when I did shopping trip. Just like it was all closing in on me and there was no way out, but you did it and that is a positive thing. The anxiety WILL subside just be kind to yourself. xxx

but this is just how i felt when i left work - its why i went back on AD's, but they didnt help, so its why i came off too, and i am just in the samd Damn place

yes i know i did it,

but it is ruining everthing

and i hate it so so so os much

and i need someone to hold me and there isnt anyone and there never will be

the bloody hole is swallowing me up

i will never be a decent mum, cant drive, cant travel alone, just a useless waste of space

I know I did it - and it just makes me realise how much I dont want to do it again

and as we drove out of the city, last night, all i could think of was how i cant reach my kids on my own, and ow if they ever live in a highrise, or some some security locked place - i wont ever be able to see them

i am losing them cos i am so f*cking hopless

Your kids can always come and see you walker, I'm sure you will be asble to see them somehow.

This may sound like a silly suggestion, but it did work for me.

I hate clubs, bars, pubs, anywhere where it is noisy and packed. I start to panic and convince myslef that I am dying etc, I'm sure you know how this feels. Anyway, my friend gave me this CD which is supposed to help you get over panic attacks, and it really calms you down when you listen to it. Some of it is a bit horrible, like when it tells you to try and slow down your heart beat, im like f*** that one off for a laugh, i'm not doing that.

But it did help me.

Do you have anything like that, I know they are not everyone's cup of tea?

Just a suggestion.

You said you will never be a decent Mum.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree.

You made all that effort to go and see your daughter, ity wasnt like you just walked sown the road to go and see her, you travelled a fair distance. I don't know much about her, but from what you have said about your son he is a very bright and consciencious (sp?) young man. I'm sure you have done a fantastic job with both of them.

I guess when children move away it makes parents feel a bit useless naturally, you don't want your little girl to grow up.

Keep talking

:hug2:

xxx

thankyou for saying such nice things to me

I dont mind my kids growing up - I prefer it when they dont ask me for advice because I think i am so useless at giving it

I dont see her much,

i just sit at home thinking ok so maybe it will be beter next time, but it isnt

I did have a nice day with her and my son,

but the fear, in my head, destroys lots of it

Ys I will talk to the T about it, but have only seen her twice

just feel so so alone in this today

cant talk about it to family or they say things like - dont let it get to you - try not to make a fuss - there is nothing to be afraid of -

i cant explain it to them

mum and dad just say - well u never used to be like this, dont make such a fuss, dont be so silly

I just want someone to hold me tight and say its ok, and they understand - and the fact that there is no one to do that just makes it feel even worse

I just want someone to hold me tight and say its ok, and they understand - and the fact that there is no one to do that just makes it feel even worse

I know exactly what you mean by this walker cause it's exactly how I feel, and i wish that I could give you a hug, but this is all I can do sorry :hug2:.

We understand and you can talk to us about it, and I know is different than having understanding from your own family, but we are here to help you.

Keep you head up high.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

you're not useless at giving advice, they wouldnt ask you otherwise. it was a very big thing to do and i know the fear is crowding you but allow a little pride to come through at what you achieved. ok it was difficult but you still pushed through when im sure there were opportunities for you to go back or hide. at the moment you may feel you dont want to do it again but thats because you are feeling the intensity of the anxiety, i have sworn i wont do some things again and i still do, and then i swear i wont do them yet again etc.

glad you going to talk to your t about it and i hope the feeling eases for you soon.

:hug2:

xxx

not sure if i feel better about it - it makes me angry

it makes me consider meds again

it scares me

feel so tiny, so lost, so weak - so very very vulnerable when it is happening

guess i just feel stupid now

There is nothing wrong with considering meds again, and there is certainly noting wrong with being scared.

We all get scaredof things, its the way in which we handle our fears that matter, and you not only confronted something which causes you much anxiety but you handled it like a Pro! That you were able to talk about it was brave too i think.

Please don't feel stupid about it walker, cause there is nothing stupid about at all

Keep smiling :)

Rachel xxx

meds arent such a bad thing, i felt like taking them was admitting i was ill and i didnt want to accept that. but i was and am ill and the meds do help. last year i forgot what it was like to not be on them so thought it was ok to stop them but then i realized just how much good they had been doing. starting to take them again recently and as much as i loathe them, i know i do need them.

no need to feel stupid about anything, you were scared and once the big part of the fear has passed you start to see it as weak, as something you shouldnt feel. i do it too but i try to remember that as stupid as i feel about it later, at that time it is so overwhelming that i cant help how i feel.

xxx

Archived