Mental Health Forums

Self Harmed Again Today

angel tears

Hi

Today has been the third bad day in a row for me though i dont feel in a crisis right now. I have been having flashbacks for 3 days now from some abuse issues in my past, some of them mingling in my thoughts. I never dealt with one of them 12 years ago and just recently another issue has brought the old one up and i have been so up and down.

I self harmed again today and sat in the bath drinking peach shnapps, the pain got too much.

I did manage to talk a little to my bf about my pain and i feel a little calmer now, though still delicate as i put it.

Didnt realise flashbacks could be so painful.

Wonder if i felt "dirty" as it was a sexual issue, maybe the sh was because of this?.

xxxxxx

sorry you are struggling with this, i guess after a while if you bury things then it can be a shock if they resurface. well done for talking to your bf a little, even if you cant say much its good that you can let him know you are having trouble. feeling 'dirty' could be because its a sexual thing and sometimes any intrusive feelings or thoughts can leave you feeling dirty too, sexual or not. like you know they are not supposed to be there so it feels like they have invaded you. i hope you have taken care of the sh and can maybe try some distraction if you feel you might again. i know how overwhelming it can get sometimes, stay as safe as you can.

:hug2:

xxx

Wow, that is so good that you could speak to your bf about it. Well done you! The sh could be linked to feeling dirty but could be a release thing like pent up emotions. I was s/abused too and I sh. Flashbacks suck big time. I hpe you have taken care of your wounds and try distracting with something if you feel like it again. Talk to a professional about it. I am having cbt for it at moment and is really helping. xxx

Hi

Thanx for the replies :). I have taken care of myself and today i feel "high". I should be seeing a shrink next week which is good, i will explain it to him then.

xxxxx

xx

Hi

Thanx for the replies :). I have taken care of myself and today i feel "high". I should be seeing a shrink next week which is good, i will explain it to him then.

xxxxx

xx

Hi...glad that you are taking care of yourself...and feeling a little better

xxxx

Archived