Mental Health Forums

An Odd Customer

Ocean Wolf

So a few days ago and man and his daughter came into the store with a sweater. The man explained that he had accidentally shrunk his wife's sweater in the wash and was hoping to replace it. We didn't have that sweater and our other stores were all out, so he bought her a gift card instead. He told us that his wife had no idea that he was trying to replace her sweater and he'd leave it as a surprise for her.

His daughter liked one of our necklaces, but he had already bought a necklace for her that weekend. It took awhile to convince her to leave it and follow him out, but he spent the whole time being very patient and complimenting the necklace she already had. I was amazed at how patient he was.

I just wanted to share this. I think it's pretty amazing that there are people like this.

That is lovely. That is how I try and be with my children. Shouting at children and barking orders just teaches them to follow where as if you are soft and gentle and explain they learn why and ultimately to be decision makers.

Archived