Mental Health Forums

Feeling Of Panic Attack Coming On

jmg

Ok well im due in a lecture in half an hour, i havnt been for the last 2 sessions and im incredibly worried about today having to go in.

Its 2 hours long and im worrying about it incredibly. If I dont go in Ill fall behind even more but im suffering from social anxiety real bad, had it most of my life but for some reason i get it much much worse during the last month.

I leave in 10mins :(

Hun, I know the feelings all to well...I get like that when I get on a bus or have to see my therapist...I wait out the anxiety and uusally it eventually dies down. Be strong I promise it will pass.

LM

I can understand you worrying, but concentrate on your breathing - VERY IMPORTANT... Slow, calm, deep breathing... don't allow yourself to shallow breathe, coz that won't help at all.

You will be fine...

xx

well got back through it, i concentrated on the breathing before i left and rather than worrying about going in, just got through the doors & planked myself down. then the disasters of all disasters happened.

the lecturer said im going to be 15min later so just chat amongst yourselves. As much as i hated it i had to endure the next 15min that seemed forever as I just wanted to get on with things and get out.

never mind I got through it and felt quite relaxed after it.

well done! that's good, coz now if you feel like that again before you go in, you can look back and know that you did it before and survived, so you can do it again.

:D

Archived