Mental Health Forums

Is This A Bpd Trait?

pinklady66

This happens to me quite a bit. Whenever I am talking to a friend, I am always I feel that I have to watch what I say, or else that person will be mad at me. I also have the weird feeling that I can sense when a person is mad at me for something that I may have done.

This is an example. The other day when I went over to my friend's to pick up my daughter. Just the attitude and the actions of my friend gave me inclination that she was mad at me for something; I can't think of what. Then she told me that my daughter wasn't back from school and then she shut the door in my face. I was pretty pissed off at her.

How do I put this? Is this a one of the criteria of bpd? Is this the fear of abandoment issue?

You have a valid point...I would be pretty pissed off if a friend slammed the door in my face as well. I had a friend who would get mad at me because she was bored so I always felt like I had to watch what I said and walk all over egg shells around her...the problem is I am like ask people if they are pissed off at me and talk things out and all she did was start a huge fight with me...If your friend is not like that then why don't you ask her if she is angry with you for something...after awhile with that friend I realized that talking out the situation was just going to ake things worse so I had to wait it out and let her blow off steam...so maybe if your friend is like mine you may want to talk to her when she cools off.

It could be an abandonment issue...I hate arguing with people and my friend loved to pick fights with me and she would get angry at me over everything even talking to someone...whenever she got angry at me I would get upset because I thought she would abandonment me but in my case she didn't I left her.

Hope that helped a bit.

Archived