Mental Health Forums

All Over The Place

zaj17

I am unable to focus and I am relatively unmotivated. My mind is filled with so many things that I want to do. Problem is that I can't focus long enough to make anything of it. The one good thing I suppose is that I know a tiny bit about a lot of things. And I go on these "tangents" where I hyper-focus on one thing for a few days and then drop it. The latest is reading everything I can get my hands on about the Civil War. I'm currently reading a book about Abe Lincoln and his wife Mary Todd.

Hey there. U tried making a list? Can help. And prioritise that list too. You ever been checked out for ocd? Meds really help with this and might make life easier. xxx

Hey Roses, no I haven't been checked out for OCD. I guess I'm still digesting my relatively new diagnoses of both Borderline Personality Disorder AND Bipolar. These alone are enough to keep me busy. Busy, that is, in looking for a treatment plan. You know what the sad thing is. Mental health ailments seem to be the only ones where you have to go out and find your own treatment. Can you imagine if you were diagnosed with cancer and then left to your own devices to pursue a course of treatment. I empathize with all the poor souls who struggle on their own. Struggle with meds; struggle with therapy and with finding those who will validate us and what we're going through.

hey i can relate you may just be in a manic phase of bipolar but intresting your reading about marytodd she had alot of mh problems and back then it was a whole lot worse take care xxxx

I'm sorry I didn't know your personal circumstances. Your head is probably just spinning if is new dx for you. I know how that feels. Try the list thing. Also try deep breathing/relaxation exercises and perhaps some relaxing music might help clear down the rapid thoughts. Camomile tea is good as is a good soak in tub. Hope you feel better soon. I am here if you want to chat. xxx

Archived