Mental Health Forums

Eating Everything Under The Sun

zaj17

I've been out of work now for three weeks. For the first two weeks I absolutely loved being unemployed. This past week however I've not done well. I think I need the structure of the 9-5 job to keep my head on straight. And...I've been doing nothing but eating!! Honestly. I used to watch my waistline. Now I'm still watching my waistline, but watching it grow. And grow. Tonight I pigged out on McDonalds and then half a bag of that cheesy popcorn. Gross.

Cheesy popcorn sounds gross! Why would they make that? I don't think we even have that in UK. Don't worry bout eating too much for a few weeks will not do that much harm but if you notice it becoming a regular thing think about how you could change the pattern by structuring your day. xxx

do you think you may be sliping into a slight depression i know what your describing is what happens with me when i am nurture urself just not with food or you may end up feelimg worse hope that helps you and taking up a hobby always helped me feel more productive take care xxxxx

Dear Jade, thank you for your insight. I'm not sure I am slipping back into my depression. I do know I seem to do much better with structure to my day. The irony is that I always fight the structure in my life, but it is what helps stabilize me.

As infants we crave structure and discipine as it helps us define ourselves against something that is solid and gives us security to go out in the world and live. xxx

Archived