Mental Health Forums

New Song Stuck In My Head Tonight

zaj17

Song Lyrics  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever get song lyrics stuck in your head?!

• YES!
    • NEVER!
    • ARE YOU NUTS!!

So, earlier in the day I had the lyrics of Mama Mia running through my head. Tonight its the Biff Naked tune - not sure what its called, but the lyrics are

I love myself today

Not like yesterday

I'm cool, I'm (something)

I'm gonna be ok. Uh Huh.

And I always only remember about two or 3 lines from any song. Imagine having the same lines running through your head day and night. I wake up in the middle of the night with the damn tune running through my head.

i get that all the time which is both a help and a hindrance if i am trying to write. at the moment ive got a song which is also my current ringtone, Never Wanted To Dance by Mindless Self Indulgence and all i seem to be repeating is the first bit where they repeat a few times 'There is nothing you can do that I have not already done to myself'. its not quite got to the highly irritating stage yet but im sure it will :lol:

xxx

Gosh those are very powerful lyrics. And at least your repititions are meaningful! :rolleyes: I get the mindless crap stuck in my head. Imagine being tortured by ABBA day and night!!!

:lol: i had a different one in my head today but have learned that it may not be such a good idea to sing 'let the bodies hit the floor' over and over again. for some reason people seem to back away rather quickly :P

i can imagine having ABBA in my head all day would result in someone getting hurt :lol:

xxx

yay for bif naked and msi...

the song is I love myself

:)

I have constant song in my head, normally the last song i was listening to, or the last few lines from a tv show etc

if they go, i dont like it

unless its something like barbie girl or the song that will get on ur nerves...or...lol....na na na naa naaa i got a text!

ya I could see where your lyrics might disturb some!!

My one-liner stuck in my head tonight

One-two-three take your hand and come with me.

Cuz you look so fine and I really want to make you mine.

Guess that's a two-liner!!

I should have recognized earlier that my meds needed to be tweaked. When I first started my Seroquel prescription a few months ago, the annoying songs stopped. Its in the last months that the songs came back - along with other symptoms. You'd think I'd be more "on top of things" in recognizing the mood disorder acting up. Its always after the symptom has crept up and re-established itself for several weeks that I notice things aren't quite right.

Oh well, chalk it up to learning.

Hey there. Just wanted to say that this happens all the time to me, too! Hehe, and I have been known to lash out at random inanimate objects through the sheer irritation it has caused me from time to time!

It's a real positive step that you've recognised your symptoms returning - even if it has taken a few weeks for it to come to your attention fully, you have that awareness now, which can only be a good thing, and you should find that it gets easier to gain that awareness earlier and earlier on with time, which of course enables us to respond appropriately - whether that's with med alterations or different techniques etc.

Wishing you the best.

Crip x

Hi I didn't realise this happened to people so much. Sometimes I get woken up by music and words in my head. I cant stand it as often it's a tune I don't particularly like. Glad I'm not the only one.

Funny (not really) that this is happening with others.

Sometimes I use it to my advantage! For exmple, if I'm washing dishes, I'll scrub the pots to the beat of whatever the song is!

My boyfriend gets it too. At least my songs are a little more 'modern' than his. Last week he had Glen Campbell stuck in his head. Can you imagine!

Progress? I have recently increased my Seroquel dosage and I haven't had one irritating melody stuck in my head for the past couple of days!

Archived