Mental Health Forums

What Would Help?

DaisyChain

I just wondered what either has worked in the past or would work for you in a crisis period. Have you found anything particularly helpful. I wanted to focus on the positives of what we do need. Sometimes its easy to say what doesnt help, but find it very difficult to put my finger on what does.

Hope maybe by sharing ideas we can help each other.

Thanks x

I just wondered what either has worked in the past or would work for you in a crisis period. Have you found anything particularly helpful. I wanted to focus on the positives of what we do need. Sometimes its easy to say what doesnt help, but find it very difficult to put my finger on what does.

Hope maybe by sharing ideas we can help each other.

Thanks x

Hi daisy,

i know what has worked for me, having someone around. but I know that not everyone can do that.

listening to music. going to bed and hugging my pillow.

or punching my pillow. punching a punching bag.

talking to a trusted friend about how I'm feeling.

ripping up paper, makes a mess but makes me feel better too.

going for a walk, swinging on a swing (babish I know but the back and forward motion is really soothing to me)

well that's all I can think of right now.

Thanks broken, they are some good ideas, especially the swing. The swaying motion makes sense to me too, babyish or not I dont care, if it helps, its good :D

x

Sitting in the shower... the water is kinda like rain, but warm. I find it very soothing.

Going for atv rides through the woods

Getting dressed up and going out... if I am sobbing uncontrollably I will just go for a car ride or to a quiet park where I won't bother anyone. Lol.

Putting on favorite songs really loud and dancing/ singing along to them

Shoveling snow (especially good for frustration, sh urges, emptiness... and good for neighbor relationships.)

Watch a sad movie or read a sad book... I sometimes feel better crying for someone else if I don't feel my feelings are valid, yet makes me feel better too!

Do something artistic

xxx

Archived