Mental Health Forums

The Jam

lostsoul

well i just had the best jam session ever - oh wowsers - all day and all of the night just kicked. so so bloody good :)

we never sounded so good - just wowsers.

and they got me to sing - I sang! Terry, the singer songwriter bassist, reckons we can make it a single!

hahaha. he is talking about this great airy quality to my voice and how it really makes the song indie and cool. hahahhaa

whatever

he wants to go to a studio and spend £2000 on recording it professionally. omg.

it'll prolly never happen but it would be so amazing - it would validate me in a way i really need and would be so much fun.

anyway. thats my good day!

aw thanks anwen - yeah, im beaming too. didnt know i could feel like this! thanks for always writing such beautiful things anwen you're the dog's bollocks. i mean that.

xx

I got all embarrassed at the praise...I am sorry.

'Rock and/or Roll' - sounds like Rev Lovejoy from the Simpsons (god, i love that programme)

Claire, the praise is deserved, takes guts to get in front of people and sing/perform, it's such a great thing that you did for yourself, a real self-esteem builder. Also we are all talented people in our own way and I like it when we get recognition for it.

Plus, it's just so very cool, man, this dude wants to record you! (I get excited easily)

Anwen

embarrassed? ok i wont praise you again then :P:P:P:P kidding

yeah but he's no big success or anything - i mean he's 38 now and has been trying to get a deal for years and hasnt.

we are going into the 'universe' in a couple of weeks when the backing track has been done to record it. the universe is a little room in his house. it wont be as good as a proper recording studio cut, but good enough to know if its worth doing in a studio.

we were thinking maybe we would become a kinks cover band and call ourselves 'The Kinkies'

or if we form an original band, we would be 'The Me's'

:)

Archived