Mental Health Forums

1st Appointment With Pdoc

FuzzyLogic

I got a letter an hour ago telling me i got 1st appointment with Pdoc on Monday 9th March.

When opened it i burst into tears then came the anxiety,worries,anger and dread about it and now i need good advice please.

I am so scared but have been fighting for this app for ages now so i need to make sure i get it all out.

What should i do to prepare for it?

Anything i should or should not say?

Any advice in general would be grateful for,thanks.

Hi Fuzzy. Just be yourself and be honest. Some things take a while to diagnose so don't expect a miracle. They will get general gist of where you are and probably prescribe some meds from this appt then get to know you over time. xxx

mention anything you find a problem no matter how trivial or irrelevant you think it is. the more information they have the better they can help. might help also to make some notes on things, i often find my memory goes blank in appointments so helps to have something to refer to so you dont forget things.

good luck

xxx

Thanks for the replies.

Have been busy compiling notes and doing a time line of events.

Thats really good, writing stuff down and having the list there is good :)

Are you worried that they might dismiss you, or misunderstand you? Has this all gone on for a very long time, and now you are just hoping beyond hope that they get it right? That would make me anxious too :(

Thanks for the replies.

Have been busy compiling notes and doing a time line of events.

Thats really good, writing stuff down and having the list there is good :)

Are you worried that they might dismiss you, or misunderstand you? Has this all gone on for a very long time, and now you are just hoping beyond hope that they get it right? That would make me anxious too :(

I am worried they are going to dismiss me yes and also misunderstand me too.

I was diagnosed with clinical depression 10yrs ago put on AD's that i never took all the time,get times i feel ok and elated so felt like a fraud taking them.

Lots of symptoms of BPD and bi polar too so if anything i would say chance could be one of them.

GP referred me 8 weeks ago got letter back saying they would not see me so i kicked up stink and now got my appointment this Monday.

So yes a bag of nerves,anxious as hell,off my food and so scared of what the pdoc will tell me.

I got a feeling my life will never be the same again.

Hi Fuzzy it is scary the first time you see the psychiatrist. You're doing all the right things though, making notes, especially about your history. I'm not sure but perhaps you could mention your ideas on a possible diagnosis?

My fingers are crossed for you that all will go well.

*hugs*

claire

Hi,

Goodness you have so much good advice, well as they all said be honest and yourself.

All i wish to say is Good Luck and your about to make a huge leap into making you feel better

My wishes go with you

<MARC>

Archived