Mental Health Forums

Best Meds For Post Natal Depression

Tray

so i am going to the dr's tonite, and i am gona tell him i need something else i am just gona run away, or worse... i cant cope, i cant sleep, i am manic, i dont eat, or i want to binge, i have no motivation, yet am obssesed with cleaning, and washing my hands, i have no enjoyment in anythin, i am trying to make everythin perfect, but cant

has anyone had meds for PND? if so what? i am currently on sertraline 100mg. i cant take prozac due to reaction i had, or amitriptalyn due to previous OD

i just need some idea's before i go down there

The treatment you get should be for the symptoms you are getting not a blanket treatment for PND. So you are manic, cleaning and such and anxiety prevalent with depressive thoughts??

They may increase the sertraline. Also, I on propanolol (beta blocker) for anxiety and there is zopiclone or zolpidem for sleeping but problem is you want to wake up with the baby so perhaps just a low dose od sleeper would be enough to get you to nod off. I would suggest you take it after 10-11pm feed so you get a good chance of 4/5 solid hours sleep before she wakes again. Sleeping tablets help you to get to sleep they don't maintain sleep and I usually find I awaken 5 or so hours after taking anyhows.

Hope this helps Tray honey. xxx

hey roses, yep thats about the gist of it...

i have taken zopiclone before, so know they work a bit, i think i just ned the help to drop off, but be able to wake ok...

my pdoc said that usually sertraline is only given in 50 - 100 mg dose, doesnt work after that? is that right? x

I'm not sure bout that one Tray. I was on it but it got changed as didn't work after a while. Maybe they will change it if it is not helping as much as it should. Good luck. xxx

I suffered from pnd. The comments about meds is valid. But I would also say that if the baby sleeps then so must you. It's so tempting to get on and do stuff. The tiredness made me crazy and if I had my time again, I would rest more.

hey snowman, thats the prob, i cant sleep, i try to but i am too hyper, i cant switch of, i have tried just resting, like having half hour cuddle on the sofa, but i cant sit still :(

anyway, went to dr, he was nice. i have been given zopiclone, only for a week, he wants to try and get me to sleep first, see if that helps any, then i have to go back, if i still feeling like this even with sleep, i am gona ask him to change my meds...

i was hoping to talk to Mart as soon as put keera to bed, cause the dr says, when i put her to bed at half 7 after her feed, she doesnt get up till bout 10-11 pm, well he wants me to take a tab now, and get mart to do that feed, so i sleep throu till the next feed which is around 3-4am, but he's gone out again to sort summat out

so i reckon i am gona have to email him, cause i will prob (hopefully) be asleep soon enuf, but now im worried i will be asleep and keera will wake up and he not be back, and i wont be able to deal with her... also i have an overwhelming compulsion to clean the cooker <_<

he'l be back in bout half hour, so i gona wait 15 mins, then take one

i know these tabs, they take bout 40mins to kick in, so i will be ok, they just knock me out for a few hours, and then i wake up, so should be ok for the next but one feed... Keera is snoring in bed, the little tinker so should be ok for a few hours for a feed xxx thanx roses xxx

Good. I'm sorry to have sounded like someone's Mum!! Was just worried bout you but you sound like you know what you are doing so will stop being a worry-wart and leave u to get some well earnt rest. Lots of love to you and Keera and speak to you soon. xxx

Archived